Sign in to follow this  
Ashanali

January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

2,066 posts in this topic

kja   

Does the photo a day (365) you all are doing have to go up on flickr? I haven't commited yet, but if I do, I reckon I'll stick to photobucket and/or my blog - especially since I can't get into my flickr LOL (and I don't want to pay flickr for hosting & I'm guessing a photo or more a day will send any of their free accounts over the edge. With my free Photobucket account with all the stuff I put there I'm still only at 35% of my free allotment!)

ruthless   

Don't you get 100mb of uploads a month for free? The only reason you'd need to pay is if you wanted more than that or you wanted the ability to have heaps of sets and collections. I posted you're Flickr profile in your other thread, did that not help you to figure out how to get into it?!

kja   

Ah, now I see it's 100/month - do the older months still stay visible? When I was last on it once you reached the limit it just knocked the older stuff off being able to be viewed unless you went pro.

And, no, I can go to my flickr thingie from your link, but I can't get into it. The login details I have written down don't get me in and nor do any variations I can think I might have used. And I couldn't find anyway to get flickr to actually respond to me to help.

I suppose I could always make a new account - have they fixed that oversharpening issue?

Snook   
Ah, now I see it's 100/month - do the older months still stay visible? When I was last on it once you reached the limit it just knocked the older stuff off being able to be viewed unless you went pro.

And, no, I can go to my flickr thingie from your link, but I can't get into it. The login details I have written down don't get me in and nor do any variations I can think I might have used. And I couldn't find anyway to get flickr to actually respond to me to help.

I suppose I could always make a new account - have they fixed that oversharpening issue?

Can you try logging in via yahoo and click on the linky thing they have for having forgotten your username or password? I think so long as you can give them your email address you used they can email you the details. Not 100% sure but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the linky TN

As for Flickr only way I can log In Is using my Yahoo e-mail addy, I thought that was the only way :hug:

I'm a flickr fanatic here is mine ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/meg_and_fred/

I was just looking at your flickr. How did I miss you.....

You're in Brisbane.... You make the best cupcakes..... I like cupcakes

You have nice photography..... but the best things of all

you own a Bullmastiff.... I looooooooooove Bullmastiffs. :)

hehehe thanks so much! Bullmastiffs are the bestest ever......I lost my beautiful 12 year old baby boy (he wasn't a pure bred though but he was pure to me hehehe) in September and have cried every day since. He was my everything and I miss him every minute. Oh and umm he loved cupcakes too - paper and all :( ;)

I joined DOL in October and I have a Golden Retriever puppy arriving in just over 3 weeks. I couldn't bring myself to get another Bullmastiff just yet....too many reminders of my bootiful baby :)

Sorry for going Off Topic!

So looking forward to this January / 365 Project though :)

kja   

I've tried logging in every which way. Yahoo will not recognize my email account or password. And going through their Help screen to recover them it doesn't recognize ANY of my answers to their questions - and I know I didn't change anything or do anything funky when I signed up. It just hates me.

kja   

Still didn't work :) Tells me there are no matches even though your email came right to that account.

Edited by kja

ruthless   
Still didn't work :) Tells me there are no matches even though your email came right to that account.

That's pooh :laugh:

rocco   
hehehe thanks so much! Bullmastiffs are the bestest ever......I lost my beautiful 12 year old baby boy (he wasn't a pure bred though but he was pure to me hehehe) in September and have cried every day since. He was my everything and I miss him every minute. Oh and umm he loved cupcakes too - paper and all :rofl::rofl:

I am so sorry to hear that. They are a big part of your life to lose. :rofl:

I bet he loved the cupcakes. :laugh: RnR get cupcakes made for them and Roc loves them but he doesn't eat the paper... Ralph eats the paper of course, and your fingers if you are not quick in withdraw!! :)

Snook   

I decided today that not only am I going to make it a rule for myself that I can only use my 50mm 1.8 lens for this challenge but I'm also not allowed to take any photos of Justice, in the hope it will force me to think about different photo opportunities and discover new ways to look at the rest of the world, even on days when I can't be bothered. ;)

I figure if I put the challenge I've set myself up here I have to stick to it. :)

Snook   
:thumbsup: If someone could pm me with how ill carry a link...

Do you mean a link to the challenge?

Ashanali   

[url="http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=185352" ]CLICK THIS [/url ][color="#FF00FF" ]and join the DOL January Photo a Day challenge - NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY![/color ] Photos can be from your phone if that's all you have. JOIN US![/color ][/size ]

I have added a space just before each close bracket... so where you see this little guy ] just in front of it is a space that shouldn't be there.

Cut and paste what is written above and remove each of the spaces. Then it should look like my signature. :thumbsup:

Snook   

Hey Ash. Do you mind if I copy yours too? I really like that you've added the bit about no experience necessary etcetera. I know that I felt really intimidated joining in the the challenges even after I got my DSLR because there are so many good photographers with good cameras on DOL. I'd love to help encourage people with a broad range of experience and cameras to join in. :thumbsup:

Ashanali   

Anyone can use the signature - just cut and paste and remove the spaces. :thumbsup:

Guest Pandii   
Guest Pandii

I am ready to go tomorow as is the daughter so, we will see you with our first shots tomorrow

Ashanali   

I know this is actually Decemeber, but Rocco and I went on a special photo shoot yesterday.

My brother and my sister in law are expecting a baby very soon, these are from their maternity shoot:

(and Rocco, this means that you have to post one of your photos too :laugh: )

ETA: btw - this is special because this is my baby brother and he's also my favourite sibling. I can't wait to meet their little one. I'm also photographing the birth.

4229746607_6e71208a4d_o.jpg

4230516042_7bbff68632.jpg

4229745551_29c3cdd18c.jpg

There are more on my flickr :thumbsup:

Edited by Ashanali