Early De Sexing ? Pro's And Con's ?

MrToby

Hey everyone, sorry for my lack of reply but been a little busy this week.. We are going to wait now until he is older. I called the breeder about this and explained our reasoning for it. I was really put off after we heard that one of the last ones she took in was not even ready to be done yet. So for some reason or other she is getting them done VERY early. But all good there, she knows what is going on now..

His house training is going great too. He is now at the stage of going to his puppy bathroom on his own. After reading about time frames toward bladder sizes, we have not had a mishap since. He has a big play and a treat when he goes to his bathroom, so he knows he always gets a reward for doing it. Seems to be really paying off with him too. :D :rofl:

But his other training is going well too, so he is quite a switched on little guy. :thumbsup: ;)

Be honest with the breeder - remember she has a breed that is notoriously puppy farmed and backyard bred she's just ensuring her precious pups dont end up down that road.

and if I was breeding I would have a contract like hers too ;) so see it from her point of view.

If you just keep the lines of communication open, tell her you would simply like to see him mature a little before he has his janglers whipped out and that she's free to pop round anytime to see how he's going (within reason of course, he's still your dog :rofl:) then she shouldnt have a problem.

I completely understand why she has the contracts, and to be honest, i would do the same too..What i do not agree with though is when someone is not up front about that. In the 2 or so hours spent on the phone when first inquiring about her pups, to the hour we stood and decided which one we wanted..Not one word was spoken about any contract.

Only after we had decided on Toby, and agreed to the price was this elusive contract mentioned. That, to me is being deceitful.

Getting him done is not something that concerns us as we have no plans to breed him anyway, nor did we when we first started looking for a puppy.The way she hid the contract till the last moment is what i had an issue with.

Only after we had decided on Toby, and agreed to the price was this elusive contract mentioned. That, to me is being deceitful.

Getting him done is not something that concerns us as we have no plans to breed him anyway, nor did we when we first started looking for a puppy.The way she hid the contract till the last moment is what i had an issue with.

As I've said, I agree with you entirely. All of my puppy people know from the outset, or at the very least prior to any money changing hands that there is an agreement in place. I either give it, or send it out to them so that they can read it and decide whether or not they still wish to purchase the puppy in advance of the date the puppy is to leave home.

For example, this week I've sent the agreements for my Stafford puppies which will be ready to leave home in about 3 weeks. Everybody has read them, a couple of people have asked for clarification on a couple of points and without exception they are apparently in the post back to me so that I receive them in time to lodge with the TCA with the litter registrations and to be able to include copies in the puppy packages.