Back With Better Pics

memphis09

hi just wanted everyone to know our little stafford bubs are going great and getting bigger every day.

have taken some better pics for those who wish to see (you can google tytasha staffords)

hopefully these pics are a bit better then the last ones thanx

I googled like you suggested and had a sticky beak.

Im curious about this all pups are on main register (to approved familys)

Why are the all on main register?

I also noticed you have blues - I have blue Great Danes :laugh:

How do you find they go in the show ring?

I dont see many blue Stafford's at shows.

who is this fella?

I googled and it came up with a picture on your site but no info??

37671_1255.jpg

hi sway,we are not 100 percent sure yet which are going on main register or not have to change my listing.we are a mother/ daughter lovers of the breed 3 of the dogs sre mine which is mum(who isnt blue she is a red and i have a black brindle girl and a red boy.the 2 blues,the blue fawn and the black brindle dad belong to my parents.

we have only done limited showing with the mum and the black brindle girl,neither of the 2 blues have been shown or breed from we are stuck in the middle of nowwhere(hay nsw)if you want to look that up)and that combined with the fact i have 2 small children makes it hard to go to shows on a regular basis

our dogs are and will always be family members first

My parents older blue girl has fertility problems which looks like she may never have pups and i know a lot of people i have spoken to have suggested getting rid of her but we cant and wouldnt.we even had a lady ring up looking for a blue pup and when we was telling her about izas problems she said if it was her dog she would shoot her.

Me myself i prefer the reds and black brindle dogs to any other colour that is why i have them.

my main objective in starting this post was to show people that they are well treated and loved dogs they are not puppy breeding machines and so far we have tried to do everything right by this breed that we love so much

i know out of vegas litter theyre are a couple that will be going on main register and by approved familys i mean people i have screened asked plenty of questions etc

also i want everyone who gets one of our babys on main register or not to keep in contact as this is our first ever litter,as we have with the breders who not only breed our dogs but also others i have met and became friend with

the bitch in the photos is not mum she is only just turned one.the saggy tits was due to a phantom she had after her first season.

hope i have answere all your questions

l

also team snag they are not in whelp yes they were overweight which i had been told and have cut them down on their food.these are dogs which are loved they are out every day and socilaised and yes they may not be shown as much as they could be which is my fault.the only dog which has had pups is vegas which is in the nursery of our site and she is the red bitch

I googled like you suggested and had a sticky beak.

Im curious about this all pups are on main register (to approved familys)

Why are the all on main register?

I also noticed you have blues - I have blue Great Danes :laugh:

How do you find they go in the show ring?

I dont see many blue Stafford's at shows.

who is this fella?

I googled and it came up with a picture on your site but no info??

37671_1255.jpg

You NEED to get weight off this bitch. She is grossly overweight and that coupled with her very short muzzle will make hot days an absolute hell for her. If you don't want her to suffer horribly in the heat then you need to strip a heck load of weight of her! I'm horrified to see a Stafford in this condition.

They are not "overweight" they are OBESE !!!!

And given that they do seem to have odd shaped heads I would agree with Skybreaker, they certainly will have problems with the heat is they don't loose a awful amount of weight.

Where are you Warley & Ellz ??????

Edited by Silverblue

Well, the OP says that they are aware of the issues and are trying to get the weight off, so provided that is in fact the case then there isn't a lot that can be added.

With regards to the blues. Do them and yourself a favour and desex them. It can be hard to judge from photographs but they don't appear to be very good examples of the breed and would have very little good to add to the already muddy gene pool. If they are your pets then they will be better of desexed anyway BUT you will have to keep a VERY keen eye on their weight if they are this size now.

hi again if you had read my last post,i had said that yes i was told that they were 2 fat,they have lost a lot of weight this particular pic was taken about 4 mths ago .thanx everyone for your comments

.for the people who dont seem to complain about everytthing about our dogs i thank you

for the other peole who dont like agree etc i thank you to im not a complainer,whinger i will take all criticism good and bad and hope to learn from it

to better ourselves.the original post was just to show of our very exciting beautiful first litter that we are extremly excited about and love to death even if they aint everyones cup of tea.

im not here to argbue hopefully just to lear

remember everyone has to start somewhere

thanx for your comments

Something I think a lot of people are not aware of is that when you have a website, you are technically showcasing your "best". It is in your own best interests, and that of your dogs to portray them in the most flattering light possible.

Cute photos, or your favourite photos that you think show the dog at its best are all well and good, but not everybody that looks at them will see what you do. So to that end...if those pics are 4 months old....take some new ones and put them up there to prove to people that you are doing the right thing by their weight.

yes i was told that they were 2 fat

My problem with that is this - if you are a 'breeder' you shouldn't have to be TOLD your dogs are too fat. You should know already and in fact not let them get like that in the first place! If you're a 'breeder' you should have done your research first and know what is a healthy weight for a Stafford in the VERY least!

At least they appear to have learned something and are apparently addressing the issue. I'd be more concerned if they ignored it.

Not everybody is born an expert and I think these people seem genuinely interested in learning but perhaps haven't had access to the right avenues to do so.

Perhaps this could be a good time to start their "proper" education without damning them instantly?

Flies and honey and all that stuff again......

Well done on getting some of the weight off them, but going by the pic's and your last post we weren't to know that.

Staffords do make lovely pets, so I would be having what you have desexed & if you are really serious about breeding buy in something of quality & disregard the whole colour thing, that was a lesson I learnt many years ago.

Years ago my mentor told me "Like breeds Like & Type breed Type", I have carried this with me forever, she also told me "If you can't bred to improve type DON'T breed at all".

Never wiser words said.

Stafford's are a dime a dozen, you want something special to go on with if you are indeed serious about breeding good quality pups.

I certainly wouldn't be offering any pups on the main register, especially given this is your first litter.

Take what I have said as you will, but I mean it in good faith.

At least they appear to have learned something and are apparently addressing the issue. I'd be more concerned if they ignored it.

Not everybody is born an expert and I think these people seem genuinely interested in learning but perhaps haven't had access to the right avenues to do so.

Perhaps this could be a good time to start their "proper" education without damning them instantly?

Flies and honey and all that stuff again......

I'm quite happy to agree that everyone needs to start somewhere - however how uneducated can one be when they can find DOL and the forums and the wealth of knowledge they hold, get a website up and running to advertise dogs and pups and state that they 'Will be only breeding to better the breed'. Personally I have serious doubts about someone breeding to better the breed when they can't even tell for themselves that their dog is dangerously obese!

I'm always more than happy to help new people to the breed who I believe have the best of intentions and seriously want to learn - however I really believe that people should be researching first before jumping into a breed and acquiring a houseful and then zipping out a litter. Websites which go on about deposits and 'can freight' make me squeamish also to be honest.

I do get your point Skybreaker. But let's face it....the internet gives lots of people lots of things to copy whether or not they truly understand the actual implications. It's fashionable to have a website and why shouldn't they be out there making themselves visible amongst all the other trillions of Stafford websites? People will say what they think "sounds good" to increase their chances of selling puppies. That's human nature and isn't confined to Staffords. Perhaps now that certain things have been pointed out to them, they will rethink their position?

Personally, I think that the fact that the OP is here NOW where we can actually assist to make some changes is a good thing. If on the other hand, they will not accept the advice, or continue as they are going at the moment...then that will be a sign that they are not in it for the right reasons and THEN maybe will deserve some brickbats....and should receive them too.

hi again if you had read my last post,i had said that yes i was told that they were 2 fat,they have lost a lot of weight this particular pic was taken about 4 mths ago .thanx everyone for your comments

So that poor dog wasn't quite 8mths old and was that obese????? Sorry but if you can't look after and understand your own dogs needs how in the hell are you breeding for the betterment for the breed??? Sorry it doesn't wash with me.

I would hate to be a quality breeder and lover of staffords right now, it would break my heart to see the amount ads for blue puppies that there is advertised now especially when their biggest selling point is "all pups sold with main register, no breeding restrictions" many are advertised offering main register for whole litters BEFORE they are even born. :laugh::welcome:

I would hate to be a quality breeder and lover of staffords right now, it would break my heart to see the amount ads for blue puppies that there is advertised now especially when their biggest selling point is "all pups sold with main register, no breeding restrictions" many are advertised offering main register for whole litters BEFORE they are even born. :laugh::welcome:

You forgot to mention the tidy price tag of $2000 - $2500 for RARE blues. Ugh. Makes me sick sick sick!