Back With Better Pics

memphis09

Sadly, it is the fault of the breeders who have sold Joe Q highly inflated pricetag puppies in the first place. They have made it look easy to get their money back by churning out a litter of substandard puppies and they'll sell them to more Joe Q's who will do exactly the same.

People can be very blinded by a schmick website and good salesmanship.

:laugh:

Can I just ask you Memphis - the few puppies who you say will be placed on Main Register...are these puppies being placed on main so they can be bred from, perhaps shown? Or are they being placed on Main mostly because the new family requested it that way?

ETA: I checked out where Hay is - there are tonnes of shows within an hour of your town, let us know if you'd like a list :laugh:

Edited by Aziah

Well, I'm hoping that the answer will be because people have actually asked for them to be on MR. Which doesn't make it any better, but does mean that "unqualified" people aren't sending sub-standard dogs out into the gene pool and show ring.

Yes, everybody bred their first litter at one stage, but MOST people who breed and sell for show are ACTIVELY exhibiting themselves and can generally make a reasonably good "guess" when it comes to choosing what they want to bear their prefix.

IF it is the case that people are asking for Main registration, then I'd respectfully suggest that the OP NOT bow to pressure and place everything with the exception of what they keep for themselves on Limited Registration. As I explain to people, they are still getting a fully registered dog, but it cannot be shown or bred from. (I don't go into the semantics about breeding unregistered puppies etc, I'd rather just keep it short and sweet. The dishonest ones will already know that the colour of the rego papers won't stop them anyway).

It can be difficult to remain staunch when people offer more money, or beg, plead, cajole or even threaten to try and get Main papers....been there....am actually going through this myself. But I have stated EVERYWHERE that my litter is listed that ALL PUPPIES WILL BE SOLD ON LIMITED REGISTRATION ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS!! So if they don't like it, they can go elsewhere and many haven't worked it out, despite being told firmly, but the more they try to convince me that they deserve a Main Register puppy, the less chance they have of getting a puppy AT ALL!!!!

hi all first i want to say to aziah thanx for the offer of the show list that would be great if you could send it to me.thank you to everyone else criticism can be a hard thing to take but apparently i have a lot to be criticised for.i dont know exactley how the subject of the price of the blue dogs got brought up i could maybe understand it if i was showing everyone a litter of blue pups which they are not,as in regards to their weight i have told people that they have lost a lot of weight i Know they were too fat ,the two blue girls are very hard to keep weight of even though they get fed no more then the others.

in regards to price of the blues we didnt pay anywhere near as much as what they are asking the older blue girl was our first ever registed staffy she was not brought as a puppy mill machine and as i have said neither blue girl has to date had pups.

i do realise that the blue /blue fawns are frowned upon,these are my parents dogs not mine.the impression i get though is all our dogs are shit.

i spent a lot of time talking to different breeders about the lines etc that i was looking for in the two blacks and our two reds.

if you think about it noone is perfect and i could have been another byb breeder not giving a shit about our dogs (before we bring up the obese angle again)i know they were to fat.

they could have been a bag of bones laying in the backyard pumping puppy after puppy out

But instead i though i would try to do the right thing lear what i could,talk to as many diff people as i could research as much as i could,do the testing for the dogs etc

the people who are looking at getting pups on main register did request this .

i m not sure know exacletly what im going to do i really dont know the papers havent been put in yet so have a couple weeks to decide.i have asked the breeders of mum and the lady i got my blac/brindle girl to evaluate them and tell me their honest opionions in a couple weeks.both these people have shown a fair bit that is why im getting their opionion

In short i just wanted to show people my pups that i am so proud of i really didnt think it was going to cause all this

I know you all have your opionions and most of you have been breeding and showing for years and years that is why i like coming on here it is a wealth of knowledge

And for your opionion we are not one of the people who would ask $3000 for a dog no matter if it shitted gold nuggets.

for those who have been as nice as they can thankyou

the other people you dont know me and i dont know you so i cant really say anything can i

i thank you for your opionions also

thanx

Good to see you back.

WHY do the people who have requested Main Register want it? Do they have a specific reason?

Now I'm not saying your dogs are shit, but can you tell us why you did the breeding that you did?

What traits were you looking for? What were you hoping to improve upon? Was the dog the best possible match for the bitch? Could you have done better? If there was any dog that you wish you COULD have used, is it STILL the dog that is in your own backyard?

These are questions that every breeder should ask themselves prior to every litter that they breed.

Good to see you back.

WHY do the people who have requested Main Register want it? Do they have a specific reason?

Now I'm not saying your dogs are shit, but can you tell us why you did the breeding that you did?

What traits were you looking for? What were you hoping to improve upon? Was the dog the best possible match for the bitch? Could you have done better? If there was any dog that you wish you COULD have used, is it STILL the dog that is in your own backyard?

These are questions that every breeder should ask themselves prior to every litter that they breed.

hi again ellz,No if their was any dog i wish i could have used it wouldnt be chaege again this was a one of mating ,i have been told that he would be far better over our black girl

i had been told that she needed a bit more bone(this was from a showing lady and she suggested he may be able to provide it.like i said im still learning and have quite obviously could have used a better boy.

the people who have requested main register one lady was thinking about showing/but like i said i think i will just tell tell them that i will wait to the breeder of my girl to come and evaluate them like isaid i have a few weeks yet

like i said thanx for all your replies bye

I think we really need to look at the breeders who sold her these dogs on main papers.

Why would someone new who really doesn't understand the breed standard think bad of their dogs when the breeders are saying they are perfect by selling them on mains. :laugh:

It comes down to some breeders will sell anything for everything and not give a toss about the outcome.

Memphis I hope mum and babies are going great and that you are getting some sleep.

Leanne

I think we really need to look at the breeders who sold her these dogs on main papers.

Why would someone new who really doesn't understand the breed standard think bad of their dogs when the breeders are saying they are perfect by selling them on mains. :laugh:

It comes down to some breeders will sell anything for everything and not give a toss about the outcome.

Memphis I hope mum and babies are going great and that you are getting some sleep.

Leanne

hi leanne,mum and bubs have been fine unfortunatley we lost the runt today,the vet believes it may have been fading puppy syndrome.

the rest of the bubs are going gfantastic and mum is a great mum

"fading puppy syndrome" is a term that many ( vets included ) like to chuck about when puppies fail to thrive.

There's a thread on here in breeders somewhere, that discusses "fading puppy" v's " failure to thrive" it's well worth a read and I'll see if I can find it for you.

hi,thank you for that would be appreciated

hi sbt and choc_bordercollie,thanx so much for the links i have read them and with what i have read and the symptoms our little girl had i am tending to think it is more then likely failure to thrive,she didnt present any of the symptoms of what was descibed for fading puppy syndrome.all the rest of the pups are fit and well mum is doing a great job

thanx