Maggots (up Date : Now Talking About Other Yucky Things)

Erny

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago when I still had a cat I went away overnight and left her some cat food to see her through. When I got with my (then only 2) whippets Iris went up to the cat food that was crawling with maggots and dipped her nose in it. She then walked towards me with them wiggling on the end of her nose and I screamed at her to get away, but I was too late, she smeared them up my bare leg. That's over 20 years ago now and I still get the creeps thinking about it.

Speaking of Maggots, a few weeks ago we took in some sheep that people just let roam all the time on the sides of the road because they couldn't be bothered fixing fences :laugh: Anyway I was sick of nearly killing them all of the time, they were fly blown and gross. The thing with sheep is that we have had shorn ones that get flyblown, it is feral, shearing wool off and maggots flying at you - gross, gross, gross. This is why I prefer our wool shedders from the others we have.

One of the worst I have seen is when a couple brought their old GSD in to be pts, his back legs had gone and he was covered in his own piss and the poor buggers back end was alive in maggots, the smell was horrendous. I made the owners come in to see how that dog had been suffering, their response "Oh well, he was a guard dog anyway and no use he if can't do anything". Disgusting, and nothing could be done as "Technically" they were doing something to alleviate pain, so not an offence - grrrr

I was just thinking how many conversations start with the sentence "Speaking of Maggots" :)

Edited by casowner

Coming from a farm maggots are nothing.

The first mode of transport was a motor bike and I acquired the money by plucking dead wool.

Now that's some maggots. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::cry: :cry: :(:cheers:

:) You go girl!!!!

Hand up to ants here. Ive been terrified of them forever. I can handle tiger snakes slithering out from between cows legs when im milking them... i go into 'cow protection mode' as the poor ladies cant do anything or go anywhere when theyre in the dairy, but ants! :laugh:

Coming from a farm maggots are nothing.

The first mode of transport was a motor bike and I acquired the money by plucking dead wool.

Ooh- someone else has done the dead wool thing!! :laugh: That used to be our pocket money- back when ANY wool was worth something- pulling the wool from maggoty/dessicated carcases was not the most pleasant- but,to me, there are worse things than maggoty wool/flesh :rofl:

( we also used to trap/skin rabbits- dry the skins, and sell them for Christmas money :rofl: (akubra hats used the fur for feltetc) )

(human vomit :)) for one....

Edited by persephone

Sorry but nothing beats baby camel exploding dia in the back of the van! Especially as it was hot and nothing separating you except the normal mesh = NOTHING. We had to drive for 1 1/2 hours with our head out the window swollowing our own dry reach

Sorry but nothing beats baby camel exploding dia in the back of the van! Especially as it was hot and nothing separating you except the normal mesh = NOTHING. We had to drive for 1 1/2 hours with our head out the window swollowing our own dry reach

I can imagine :)

Edited by persephone

hehe! speaking of maggots.. just remembered my old lab brian custard O'Doggle... when visiting int inlaws farm brian discovered a nice dead sheep in the gully.. being a lab it was like 7th heaven.. he gorged himself and rolled in what was left.. sort of trotted home very pleased with himself all green and covered in writhing maggots.. the stench was horrendous.. and we has to travel from gunnedah back to brisbane the next day with his lordship farting all the way...

gross gross gross

H

Guest *Pixie*

Freckles would like this thread, poor girl swallows flies all the time, we'd be walking right next to each other each gabbing away equally as much, but it was always her that ended up swallowing flies...