Maggots (up Date : Now Talking About Other Yucky Things)

Erny

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *Pixie*

For dear life or just better leverage ;)

ETA, no, I did not take the photo, I googled "flies mating" (I started off googling "fly sex" but let me just say that is not reccommended)

Edited by *Pixie*

For dear life or just better leverage ;)

ETA, no, I did not take the photo, I googled "flies mating" (I started off googling "fly sex" but let me just say that is not reccommended)

LMAO at all the people now googling "fly sex"

Wonder who was bored enough, that taking photo's of flies mating seemed like a good idea!!!

Oi, watch your mouth Bilbo Baggins!! Nothing wrong with fly paper!!

I have some hanging over where the dogs sleep.

I love those fly traps too, but so do the dogs, If they fall down, the dogs fall on them, to lick up the contents.

Now, that's REAL EEEEEWWWW ;) stuff, leaves maggots in the shade.

Erny, do you know what Mandela's problem is?

Erny living in the wild wild west, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous is extremely good for phobias. I lost most of mine, being crawled on all night by myriads of insects, beetles and wriggling things, watching humongous angry snakes having little parties on the lawn, the flyblown carcasses of animals all over the place not to mention big hairy spiders running everywhere, mice plagues when 50 jumped out of every drawer you opened, 100 hung upside down on the curtains, sand goannas ran through the kitchen, you ate a few flies every time you went outside, and the flying phase of the white ants meant you had to keep taking your clothes off to shake them out because 5000 of the buggers sticking to you drove you mad.

Pshwar, what's a few maggots?

I used to care, but after that, nothing seemed important!

Oh

My

Gawd :) .

Please tell me where you live Jed so that I can never, ever, ever, ever go there :D

LMAO at all the people now googling "fly sex"

Wonder who was bored enough, that taking photo's of flies mating seemed like a good idea!!!

;) Did you? Google fly sex, that is?

As for taking the photo's, I wonder if there are people who "fly watch" as opposed to "bird watch". You don't hear of them, but if my hobby was "fly watching" I'd wanna keep pretty quiet about it.

We get hundreds of maggots on and in the garbage bin on hot days, and it is revolting.Fly spray kills them.

Notwithstanding the garbage is wrapped, and the lid is securely down,the blasted flies still get in and leave their offspring behind.

The image of the mating fly's is very educational!! ;)

;) Did you? Google fly sex, that is?

As for taking the photo's, I wonder if there are people who "fly watch" as opposed to "bird watch". You don't hear of them, but if my hobby was "fly watching" I'd wanna keep pretty quiet about it.

Noooo,,LOL I am supposed to be working BUT I did run a search to bring up any horror stories for maggots..LOL

In 1824 Yorkshire a man running a boarding school for boys was found guilty of treating them badly. (amongst all the other stuff I won't list) it was found that for Sunday tea, pot skimmings were served, in which there was vermin. The boys were offered 1 penny for each maggot they found in the food and removed..(etc goes the story)

hahahaha....one way to bribe the kids into not dobbing!!!

Hope noone is having soup tonight.....

Edited by Nannas

I truly hate maggots, I think it's something to do with the way they move, sort of violent wriggling. Also not fond of rats. Probably both phobias come from tales my mother told me as a child. First one being to wash my face when I went to bed or the rats would eat it. Second one about when she was nursing late 40's and 50's before flyscreens in hospitals and a patient complained of an itching scalp under his bandages. When removed, yup, you guessed it, full of maggots. But did clear up all his infection. But still ;)

Fly went up my nose a few weeks ago, all I could think of was to get it out (which I did), gross images of maggots in my sinuses was in my head.

Hugs to Mandela, the gorgeous boy, Erny.

Edited by Jigsaw

A couple of weeks ago, one of my Labs found a dead wallaby, on my property, and had a bit of a feed. 20 min after I removed her, from the wallaby, Asha had a big vomit.......it contained a mass of crawling, wriggling maggots :eek::cheer:

A couple of weeks ago, one of my Labs found a dead wallaby, on my property, and had a bit of a feed. 20 min after I removed her, from the wallaby, Asha had a big vomit.......it contained a mass of crawling, wriggling maggots :eek::thumbsup:

I think this wins the thread. Maggots and vomit :laugh:

Gets my vote too!

I have not been able to eat Four'n'twenty pies in Victoria since some poor guy bit into one and it was FULL of maggots :eek: . A pic of the pie was on the news - thinking about it still makes my stomach turn :eek:

dingdongdell...that's easy fixed :laugh:

spray very well all round the bin/lid/interior with a good outdoor surface spray!!

No way, it is much more interesting watching green ants stalking the garbage bins and waiting for maggots to crawl out.

I found it very interesting because it is obviously learned behaviour from green ants, but I am entomologist. :thumbsup:

I swallowed not 1 but 2 flies on Tuesday at a Show. :(:)

Geez, that's not enough to keep condition on you. 10 flies is a bit of a snack, but for a real protein lift, you need about 20!! Doesn't have to be all at once, no need to be greedy!! :cry:

I swallowed not 1 but 2 flies on Tuesday at a Show. :(:)

Geez, that's not enough to keep condition on you. 10 flies is a bit of a snack, but for a real protein lift, you need about 20!! Doesn't have to be all at once, no need to be greedy!! :cry:

:mad:):birthday::) :) ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: