How Do You Get Greeted?

rugerfly

Beanie always has to have something in her mouth when she greets us, it can be a toy, a twig, a leaf, anything - we call them singing sticks because the minute she has something in her mouth she starts singing (and dancing) and if she hits a high note she wets herself :thumbsup:

Spud, on the other hand tries to walk towards you while wagging his enormous body from the waist back - it looks a lot like the All Blacks doing the Haka(sp).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheers: Schnauzerboy......I can just picture that MC hammer dance.....:eek: Poor cazowner and gila, no special greetings.

Corvus, its the same with Fly, she passes by and stops for a cuddle twisting her body around to her bum while i hug her middle. Ruger just keeps shoving the wet slimy wee wee bear at me :cheer:

I get a dog face peering through the gate hand hole, and if I say nothing she remains silent. If I say something, anything at all, she starts yelping and doing her crying noise and runs inside to the kitchen sliding door jumping up on it and yelping eagerly. I open the door and walk in and ignore her til she calms down, then I give her cuddles :cheer: Then she leads me to the back door picking up ANY toy or object she can near her and zooms outside to bring me a ball or frisbee

Edited by ~ShelleAndShyla~

Charlie doesn't get excited meeting me or anyone at the door (except OH and his brother)... he walks over calmly with head down, then he will sit and wait for his cuddles and pats. Then, he will go off and get a toy to give to someone. Very respectful

From Archie, 9 month old lab ... we get:-

*sits bolt upright outside when he first sees us through the sliding door*

*door opens, what we call 'four legged leapses' -- ie all fours off ground at once for a little while*

*we don't usually react too much to discourage jumping but he finds something for his mouth, a leaf if it's the nearest thing*

*wags whole body as much as possible for ages*

*settles down with hungry eyes, no matter what the time of day*

We are away on holidays and a fabulous DOLer is minding him so I cannot wait to see his reaction when we're back. I won't have seen him for a month, and OH hasn't seen him for over 2 weeks.

Edited by mrs tornsocks