Fireworks

Colliewood

I stayed home last night to see how the brat went with the fireworks ... only because I hadn't exposed him to them before (and also because I didn't want to deal with crowds, drunk idiots, anti-social behaviour etc).

I didn't expect him to have a problem as he has been fine with loud noises so far ... and he was great. He even barks at a few people who were wandering the streets late at night.

The idiots started letting off the crackers at about 6pm ... and they ended up about 1am ... thankfully not constant but enough to be annoying.

I'd never had a dog distrubed by thunder, fireworks or guns until a few months ago the farmer over the back was shooting his shot gun at something. Abby had not taken any notice of really loud thunder up until the shotgun blasts and she started shaking and pacing then the next storm she was the same. Last night we had a huge dry storm, thunder and lightening for about 3 hours. Naturally the power went off so I sat on the verandah with the dogs and watched the light display. About 11pm the kids over the road started letting of small crackers. Abby was a bit upset but by the time the evening was past, she was sitting watching the lightening and taking no notice of the noises. So a good start to the year for her. :cheer:

I'm sooo glad Shyla doesn't react at all to thunder or fireworks, it must be stressful when owners have dogs that do! My mums min pin reacts to them and was panting and restless last night, but I am sure it's because mum coddles her and 'there there its ok' making her feel that the situation is once to get anxious about. Shyla went out for a toilet stop as the lightening and thunder started all of a sudden with high winds, and I could see her out there with her tail up chasing flying bugs :cheer:

LoL shelle - skylla was so impressed that there was a bbq with a heap of ppl that did not conform to 'on your bed' before treating that the thunder was the least of her concerns.. there were far more pats and tidbits of sausage to be concerned over - we are v v lucky to have animals that are not bothered by storms or fireworks!

we all stood out the front watching the lightning before the rain started, had skylla with us on the leash at the naturestrip and i even had one woman walk/run past telling me that i should take the poor dog inside she must be so scared with the thunder.. obviously she paid no attention to the fact the 'scared poor puppy' in question was chasing flies and eyeing off the guests looking for a random bit of bread, chip or meat...

yep, freakin next door neighbours letting rockets off in the road at 12 :laugh:

my dally and new bully terrified, went out and called them f@@KIng inconsiderate bastards!!! won't be popular today :thumbsup:

i hate them, every year they do it, and the bunch the other end of the road do aswell. brought the boys inside till it was over. :eek: i just wanted to sleep :eek:

would love to have woken them all up this morning with a bang :eek:

U should of gone out with a saucepan and a stick and banged it until it woke them up!

Sigh, our lot started before dark and continued until about 02:00. I'm so chuffed that my furry bunch appear to be totally unfazed by the whole episode - Max slept through most of them while the cats sat on the windowsill watching the pretty lights :thumbsup: It was only me who was pissy about it...I've been missing my sleep - the noise and parties have been ongoing for more than a week and unike the holiday makers, I'm still working (miserable git that I am!)

God I hate F****ing deadshits and fireworks.. wish they would piss off.

I hear you loud and clear Colliewood. We have had fireworks in our area every evening for the past week so you can imagine how they were for New Year. It seems to be getting worse each year and it is a toss up now who is the most stressed, my dogs or me. Even though the dogs are contained they really dislike fireworks and seem to know well in advance.

Yep dickwits here too. We have been dealing with fireworks every weekend for the last couple of months and every night for the last week. We are trying to find out where they are coming from so we can call the police and dob them into the council as we have had a gutfull. At least three houses were letting them off last night.

My poor Winnie is scared of them :( They were even making me jump last night as they were coming from two houses away.

Even the rain, thunder and lighting did not stop these morons. I hope whoever is doing it blows their hands off.