Why Is All The Good Gear Overseas?

Norskgra

I normally buy all of our leads and collars from the states. They have the type I like and I can't find anywhere here that has them, especially in the colours I like. Last time I bought some leads from the US I actually got some spares as well. It can be hard to find a company in the US that will ship them to OZ.

My daughter and I were looking for a collar and lead for our week old pup and the ones we really like are from the US but that company does not ship them here. They are the same make as the ones we usually use for pups but this style is nicer.

Why can't we have a better range available here? Maybe I should get in contact with the manufacturers. There could be an opening for distributing them here. :champagne:

Edited by Norskgra

Do you have someone in the states that can get them for you and post them over that is what I do.

I am currently working on that. :champagne: It is just annoying that I can't get it here or even shipped here. If I can organise it, I will be getting spares like I normally do.

I normally buy all of our leads and collars from the states. They have the type I like and I can't find anywhere here that has them, especially in the colours I like. Last time I bought some leads from the US I actually got some spares as well. It can be hard to find a company in the US that will ship them to OZ.

My daughter and I were looking for a collar and lead for our week old pup and the ones we really like are from the US but that company does not ship them here. They are the same make as the ones we usually use for pups but this style is nicer.

Why can't we have a better ranbge available here? Maybe I should get in contact with the manufacturers. There could be an opening for distributing them here. :champagne:

Because, apart from a few "boutique" manufacturers and suppliers (of ANYTHING). Australia shops in China. :birthday::cheers:

Because, apart from a few "boutique" manufacturers and suppliers (of ANYTHING). Australia shops in China. :champagne::birthday:

I think you may be right. I don't mind paying for quality and prefer to pay for something that I know will last.

Why can't we have a better ranbge available here? Maybe I should get in contact with the manufacturers. There could be an opening for distributing them here. :champagne:

I have bought so many items from overseas lately (training dvd's, leads and training books) as the choice is so much better and even when including postage there's not a lot of difference in price. For me it's not just the US, some items have come from Israel (beautiful leather leads) Sweden and the UK.

well I like the stuff Black Dog has and they're local :cheers:

Got my daughter a beautiful hot pink treat back for Christmas :birthday:

Black Dog does have some nice stuff and I have bought from their. I prefer a different type of lead and Black Dog do not have the colours I like. All of my dogs have their own colour for everything that is theirs. :champagne:

Colour-coded? I love it! :birthday:

Yep. Their leads, collars, bowls, beds, blankets etc are all in their own colours. The girls even have all their bedding and towels needed for whelping in their own colour.

It makes it easier if we have to grab something because we know it will fit. It is making it harder though to find colours we like that we can get everything in. :champagne:

Edited by Norskgra

Do you have someone in the states that can get them for you and post them over that is what I do.

I am currently working on that. :birthday: It is just annoying that I can't get it here or even shipped here. If I can organise it, I will be getting spares like I normally do.

Norskgra, sorry I didn't respond sooner. You know I will be happy to get whatever you need. Just email me the details and we'll get the collars for you. :champagne:

Norskgra, sorry I didn't respond sooner. You know I will be happy to get whatever you need. Just email me the details and we'll get the collars for you. :birthday:

Thanks MM. I know you are busy and have a life outside of DOL. :champagne: