Can Anyone Help Me With Freight Charges

Bokezu

From Hungary I would try Jetpets or Dogtainers. They both have experience in importing from that country. There are a few others that are just as good and are very competitive too, but cheapest is not always the best.

The main bit of advice I can give you is to ring around and compare prices and what it is exactly that they cover, some will include paperwork (which is really not that hard to complete yourself online) and crate costs (crates can often be sourced cheaper online). Also check where their flights are connecting through, some flights will have longer stops than others too.

Also bare in mind that from Hungary they need to have all their rabies and titre tests completed as per importing from an EU country, so this can take a bit of time if that has not already started.

Good luck.

Thanks I'll ring around, I always find dogtainers are great for travel within Aus

yep we'll be waiting a while because of the rabies testing

Hi

I am in the process of importing a bitch pup from Sweden (flies in this week :laugh: via London). We are using Jetpets and I have to say the Melanie has been BRILLIANT. We have kept in contact EVERY step of the way. She obviously needs to deal with an affiliated company in the exporting country, which in my case is Scandipets, and they obviously have a good open communication system as they have been extremely prompt with any questions both myself & the breeder had. As Sweden is a category 2 country, the quarantine restrictions were reasonably uncomplicated. Unfortunately Hungary is a category 4, so the quarantine restrictions are greater due to the required rabies vaccs etc. ...therefore your vet costs will be higher. Your process will be rather long winded.....

Now the cost.....the invoice I received from Jetpets was approx $4.5k, then you have all the vet expenses in the exporting country, the quarantine at Eastern Creek is approx $1300.....oh, and of course the purchase price of the dog! If i wanted jetpets to also deal with the completion of the Cert A, then that would have been additional as well. This costs includes a large Vari Kennel. We may actually need to go to an XL...if that is the case then I will need to pay an additional $600+ for the added airfare & the additional cost of the crate.

hope I haven't scared you off....it certainly ain't cheap!!!

I'll concur with Hunterhound, we just imported two pups from Sweden as well and Melanie from Jetpets helped us and was fantastic. Costs were about the same as Hunterhound as our two pups fit in one XL crate. :)

Just for the sheer helpfulness of it all, I'd go with Jetpets. We've also exported with them and they were great.

Edited by Fanuilos