I Just Found A Flea On My Head

Hi,

As described in the title, I was slightly alarmed to find a live flea on my head :cry: . Tonka was itching so badly during the night that I got up at 5am to give him his monthly Advantage 5 days early. Perhaps they are escaping and will just die now that they can't stay on him. I'm certainly hoping so.

Any suggestions or advice. Surely it takes a lot of fleas to create an infestation in the furniture... :laugh:

Fleas are shocking this year. Our 13.5 year old Kimba has never had fleas and twice this Summer she has had horrible fleas, it's as though they arrive overnight in the bazillions. Poor little love. I had them on my feet outside :laugh:

We have now had the backyard and inside the house professionally sprayed. We have done Capstar and Advantix regularly since.

It's awful because you feel like a bad parent but seriously it is so bad this year in Brisbane and I'm sure it's the same elsewhere!

Hi,

As described in the title, I was slightly alarmed to find a live flea on my head :) . Tonka was itching so badly during the night that I got up at 5am to give him his monthly Advantage 5 days early. Perhaps they are escaping and will just die now that they can't stay on him. I'm certainly hoping so.

Any suggestions or advice. Surely it takes a lot of fleas to create an infestation in the furniture... :)

Uh oh, a flea on your head .... looks like you will be getting that spot-on stuff between the shoulders soon! :D

Hi,

As described in the title, I was slightly alarmed to find a live flea on my head :) . Tonka was itching so badly during the night that I got up at 5am to give him his monthly Advantage 5 days early. Perhaps they are escaping and will just die now that they can't stay on him. I'm certainly hoping so.

Any suggestions or advice. Surely it takes a lot of fleas to create an infestation in the furniture... :)

Most fleas actually live on the furniture and in the carpet. They just hop on the dog for a feed. Try flea bombs in the house as well as treating the dog.