Pharaoh Hound

Troy

Anyone else have a pharaoh??...anybody at all? :)

Not sure if we are allowed to post photos in these breed threads, but here's Our girl :)

She is BEAUTIFUL. I have a not so secret desire to own one of these beauties one day. I think it is the ears that do me over :)

Aww thanks Woofen :) She's matured and filled out quite a bit since that pic, but the ears are still there :laugh: Pharaohs really are a gorgeous breed!

That Pharoah and the crossbred pups were part of a large scale, multiple state based rescue mission. There were other dogs involved. No, not a good background, but a genuine rescue that was known about by a good many folks. Just so happened that the most suitable and available foster carer was in that area. ;)

A lovely girl, and lovely pups with much more stable and biddable temperaments than may be expected (father is a lovely natured boy as well). Highly recommended for anyone suitable who may be looking for a sighthound pet.

Sorry if I came across wrongly Alyosha. I wasn't meaning anything against the rescue group. In fact, I am SO glad that she's with a group and not in a pound! :thumbsup: I was just surprised to come across a reasonably rare breed needing rescue and was wondering if breeders of Pharoahs knew she was there.

One of my adoptions turned out to be a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog and it's also rare to find them up for rescue. The Catahoula breeders in Australia were surprised and thankfull that someone had rescued her.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Bonniebank! The breeder of the Pharoah Hounds made a very quick and very poor decision when rehoming. I had alerted them when their dogs ended up in a local pound and when she told me about the home I expressed concerns. Other dogs she rehomed quickly have also ended up in strife but I believe she is no longer breeding.

• 5 years later...

Hi there, i am looking for a pharaoh hound breeder ideally based in NSW. Could anybody make a recommendation please? Thanks! Lucinda

Here's a list of 7 pharaoh hound breeders from the Dogzonline breeders' pages. I notice one is in NSW, but this list might not be all of them. Someone familiar with the show scene might be able to make a recommendation. I just happen to have a soft spot for the breed because my background is Maltese.

https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/breeders/pharaoh-hound.asp