Black Russian Terrier

Troy

And there is the same dog. By the way, I am Russian and I have BRT from the same kennel as this dog, our breeder is O. Vorobieva. I can find bigger photo of this dog.

post-34015-1271943555_thumb.jpg

Edited by vesper12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, thanks for such detailed breed history.

It could be used as 'How to create a dog breed 1.0.1.'

I like how they produced 800 litters with over 4000 puppies all within the standard. If I dare say nothing like 'oodles.

Edited by felix

They say some 17 breeds were used but hard to knw how many washed out and actally made it in the program.The dog they call the Moscow Water Dog was only bred by Red Star Kennels and comprised of a cross between Caucasian ovcharka, Newfoundland and German Shepherd.

You should check out the wikipedia entry on the Moscow Water Dog. Always makes me laugh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Water_Dog

Felix of course the first generations of BRT were very different. And the normal level of non-conforming puppies for stud dogs was 30%, this was truth up to 1980s. Even now it is still high chance to receive color pups (black and tan, blue, wite with black marks) especialy in some blood lines.

Here there is photo of third generations of BRT:

post-34015-1272106818_thumb.jpg

Edited by vesper12

• 4 months later...
OK I will try to add photo of Best Bitch on National show in Moscow in 2009. Owners clip her every summer and this dog is from very famous Moscow's kennel.

Interesting just how close they are to a Giant Schnauzer when clipped off!!

• 1 month later...

In August 2008 the Russian Standard was updated, in this year updated Standart was sent to FCI to be approved. I have got this new Standard and comments to it. Later I will copy them here. Hope it will be interesting and usefull.

• 3 weeks later...