Roland's Face Lift

PuggaWuggles

Entropian yes, brow lift no

Poor dog now looks like a Pitty

At least he can now see himself in the mirror to see if he looks like a "Pitty".

This is not a slur on Sharpei breeders, but on HIS breeder.

Entropian is not just a Pei problem and frankly more dont have it than do

RSPCA seem to think that ALL Pei need entropian

SPR have his sister in care and she is fine

At least he can now see himself in the mirror to see if he looks like a "Pitty".

Our survey is showing it at 36%

That is interesting

In my figures of rescue I have it at 311 rescues, 64 entropians, that might not have happened if the dog was tacked as a pup

Oh, who would know what was the problem with the dog

RSPCA uses, and has always used dogs with problems for this type of emotive and money grabbing publicity. Doesn't seem to matter what is actually wrong with the dog, make it look as bad a possible, and as expensive as possible, because more of the public will then donate - and probably more!!

And yes, it's a good opportunity to stick the boot into breeders, but maybe the dog's breeder needed it, I don't know.

Now the public thinks all Shar Peis need zillions of dollars spent on their facelifts

But the donation tin would have been full and running over after that story, which killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Would also have to question why the RSPCA would spend $1000 on one dog, when they are euthanasing hundreds of others over this period. Surely the money could have been used to keep other dogs a little longer, to enhance their opportunity of finding a home?

Oh, but wait, I forgot, it's not about getting homes, it's about getting money, and Roland did it well.

I have to ask. Would the RSPCA have spent $1000 on a cattle x kelpie, or a staffie x cattle dog with the same problem?

Remember Clifford?

I agree SharPeiRescue, whoever did this surgery has gone way over the top and totally destroyed the look of the Pei.

One of my chows had to have this facelift op done many years ago, a horrendous op I'd never wish on any dog but she still looked like a chow afterwards and certainly didn't have such a massive load of skin removed. She actually had a fold of skin which was pushing the eyelashes onto the eyes and did not have entropian as such.

We have a local unregistered breeder breeding these Peis, all so blind they'd run into kennel walls and the trees in the excercise area, the "breeder' assured me that 'This was normal" :rofl:

Whats even more heartbreaking is that she refuses to take them to an excellent sharpei vet at Lowood to have their eyes seen to. She hasn't been back since.

That is interesting

In my figures of rescue I have it at 311 rescues, 64 entropians, that might not have happened if the dog was tacked as a pup

Then it would be good if you entered these into our data base to be included in our figures.

That is interesting

Then it would be good if you entered these into our data base to be included in our figures.

I will get onto it

Just rechecked and counted

349 rescues 77 entropian

Edited by SharPeiRescue

That is interesting

I will get onto it

Just rechecked and counted

349 rescues 77 entropian

Thanks - dont leave it too long - we have to shut it off soon.

"Rolly Fields" has joined DOL today and is the lucky owner of Roland. With some luck we may get to see some pics of him as he grows up and see how handsome he turns out when his scars heal...

"Rolly Fields" has joined DOL today and is the lucky owner of Roland. With some luck we may get to see some pics of him as he grows up and see how handsome he turns out when his scars heal...

that was quick.

ok dont know much about shar pei but met a lady with about 5 of them and ok the puppies looked like they were 10 times too small for their skin but the adults had no face wrinkes and not much body wrinkles either, they were regd purebreds n boy were they guard dogs.

wouldnt have entered her house if u paid me. they wanted me for lunch.

n yep they looked like they could n would take a pitty on

when i commented about it she said they grow into their skin but its a very loose skin so they can literally move around inside it that they were bred originally for fighting. can a pitty turn round inside its own skin?

Edited by asal

ok dont know much about shar pei but met a lady with about 5 of them and ok the puppies looked like they were 10 times too small for their skin but the adults had no face wrinkes and not much body wrinkles either, they were regd purebreds n boy were they guard dogs.

wouldnt have entered her house if u paid me. they wanted me for lunch.

n yep they looked like they could n would take a pitty on

when i commented about it she said they grow into their skin but its a very loose skin so they can literally move around inside it that they were bred originally for fighting. can a pitty turn round inside its own skin?

They are very territorial and grow into their skin

One reason we are so strict at rehoming Shar pei is their dominant nature, in a home without a strong pack leader they are a nightmare and will boss other dogs and humans around

Yes they will fight, not all but most, it is a part of who they are

They have loose skin, if another dog bites them they get a mouthful of skin, no muscle etc so the Pei can then move to get the other dog

As an adult they are supposed to have head wrinkles, two rolls on the back of the neck and above the tail

Major dumping reason is they grow out of their rolls and are no longer cute

Major problem with why are are not trained is they are so cute as puppies

I had a male years ago,he was absolutely gorgeous,was a little on the territorial side with other dogs,but tolerated them if told too,the desexed female rescue we took in though was totally different,very dog aggro and so hyper it wasnt funny,she used to run behind the ute when we fed out the horses,so wouldve done up to 10 kms day.

Fantastic with us though ,both of them to the point they would fret if we went away for a few days.

I had a male years ago,he was absolutely gorgeous,was a little on the territorial side with other dogs,but tolerated them if told too,the desexed female rescue we took in though was totally different,very dog aggro and so hyper it wasnt funny,she used to run behind the ute when we fed out the horses,so wouldve done up to 10 kms day.

Fantastic with us though ,both of them to the point they would fret if we went away for a few days.

Sounds about normal

Some are quiet some are feral and will work

They were used in China as working dogs and some still display those traits

My Pei bitch will herd, snapping at the puppies heels to keep them together

I like the boys better, they do not call them bitches for nothing :(