2010 Brags Thread

I have my first brag worth posting. I've trained all three dogs the whistle recall. This is the recall I've dreamed about, the dogs turning on the spot and running straight back to me. It was pretty easy with the boys, they like to keep close and check in but Sophie was a different story :) . :):thumbsup: :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's great Tiggy :), I love being able to whistle the dogs, to bad I can't use it in a trial :thumbsup:. Hope you can whistle without using your fingers, theres times you just don't want to put them in your mouth :rolleyes:.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have to do it - Xena has finally achieved her FM (flyball Master) title after just on two years of competing. :thumbsup:

CK has just 4 points (or 2 good runs/wins) to go and he will have the same title in just on 18 months. :offtopic:

Hopefully this bodes well for the year.

Is anyone going to the QAJDC jumping comp this weekend?

I have my first brag worth posting. I've trained all three dogs the whistle recall. This is the recall I've dreamed about, the dogs turning on the spot and running straight back to me. It was pretty easy with the boys, they like to keep close and check in but Sophie was a different story :thumbsup: . :):) :D

Well done!

OK, I have to do it - Xena has finally achieved her FM (flyball Master) title after just on two years of competing. :p

CK has just 4 points (or 2 good runs/wins) to go and he will have the same title in just on 18 months. :laugh:

Congratulations!!!

OK, here's my brag (a bit early but still).

I got my new girl home a few days ago and I was keeping things reasonably relaxed for the first day or so. I started a very basic recall on day one and introduced the sit in front.

Now I'm not taking all the credit here, she does come from a long established kennel with very experienced owners so she had been taught general manners, loose lead walking (but not a formal 'heel') , stand(for show) and a very hit and miss sit.

Well yesterday was day 4 so I decided to really reinforce things a bit more...

B...pg?t=1263862342

Learning short distance recall with sit in front.

B...pg?t=1263862397

B...pg?t=1263862424

Learning 'heel' she loves it!

B...pg?t=1263862525

Learning to 'place'.

Like I said, early days but I'm so happy with how much she really wants to work. So happy :hug:

Edited to fix images

Edited by brigidstarr

My 2010 brag goes to Denver.. He's come such a long way and I'm looking forward to Saturday with him and jock.. I'm highly doubting anything exciting but it'll be fun!

Heres the link to his training last Saturday.. He did an amazing job despite my poor skills..

Each run had a good part to it but my favourite thing was that he did not once miss his contacts!!! and his weaving has improved so much! We're only doing novice jumping on saturday cos I wanna 100% proof the weaves and the contacts for novice and wouldn't mind some more speed on his Dog walk but we'll work with it!

Wish us luck!! we need it!

OK, I have to do it - Xena has finally achieved her FM (flyball Master) title after just on two years of competing. :eek:

CK has just 4 points (or 2 good runs/wins) to go and he will have the same title in just on 18 months. :mad

Yeah we'll be there It'd be nice to finally meet a few more DOLers! lol i'll be there with a shaved shelti with blue eyes Jock AD JD SD and Denver my new 22mth old.. Its his first comp! Yacketsmum will be there too with Biscuit who is also starting out.. Denver and Biscuit will provide evryone with laughter

OK, I have to do it - Xena has finally achieved her FM (flyball Master) title after just on two years of competing. :eek:

CK has just 4 points (or 2 good runs/wins) to go and he will have the same title in just on 18 months. :o

Yeah we'll be there It'd be nice to finally meet a few more DOLers! lol i'll be there with a shaved shelti with blue eyes Jock AD JD SD and Denver my new 22mth old.. Its his first comp! Yacketsmum will be there too with Biscuit who is also starting out.. Denver and Biscuit will provide evryone with laughter

Cool. I don't think Xena will be running, but will be there. I'm stuck with CK :mad . Hopefully he will decide to have a good run.

See you there.

The Spotted Devil did me proud today ;)

After no preparation, apart from a Bowen treatment, Zig and I made it through Novice Jumping for our first pass (SCT 38, 25.22, 4th place) :eek: It was a nice flowing course for a Dally with a couple of tight corners that I had to support him through due to his lack of experience. I unintentionally gave him next to no room on one jump but he gathered himself and flew over at quite an angle! His focus was fantastic and he had an absolute blast...we need to work on some distance handling, a little more independence (be careful what you wish for :D ) and more confidence for both of us.

It was the first time Mr TSD had seen Ziggy compete too!

I've got a little brag, very little compared to most brags but I'm still happy :D, about Delta, we did our first Scholars in Colars class today & even with all the distractions Delta did everything I asked of her :eek:. She looked at me when I said her name, sat & dropped, without a lure. I even asked her to stand from a drop & sit, being the first class we're not even up to that yet. Just a little more to brag about, yesterday at home Delta did sit, drop & stand stays, I was 8 paces away & left her for 15 seconds ;), yep I'm a bit proud of her, actualy I'm a lot proud of all of them at the moment :D.

LOL don't worry guys - next time TSD and Zig are running, I'll make sure my camera is at the ready :D

It was a beautiful run and TSD should be VERY proud of Zig.

My duo did well today also. Kinta picking up an excellent jumping pass after a wonderful run, Leo almost ran clear in masters jumping, but his silly handler hesitated and he took the wrong jump :eek:. Open jumping he clipped a bar.

gotta love a mini trial - all done and dusted by 10:30am!!!

Edited by leopuppy04

Thanks ness and huski :eek: Sorry, would you believe I don't have a video camera!!! Will see if I can borrow one some time as it's something I've been meaning to do.

I have one that sits around here doin nothing TSD so you can borrow it anytime you need....I'm just at the bottom of the hill. :D

Hey all,

Seems that while I have one broken dog the other one has decided to take on the responsibility of being an agility dog for a change. ;) (It might have something to do with all the work we've been doing on his confidence, but let's not get too carried away!)

We did our second CCCQ trial on Saturday night and managed to win Novice Jumpers for the second time. (not a bad record).

He also did really well in the weavers, instead of just saying, 'Nope, not doin it!'.

All in all I couldn't have been a lot more pleased. The interesting thing for me was how easy the open courses were - I was wrapped with how CK ran it, weavers and all. If only I wasn't just a touch early on that front cross......'

Hopefully we'll get his first ANKC title this weekend!

There is plenty of learning in these videos from a handling POV, now I just have to sit down and think about it! The good thing about running CK is that he is SOOOOO responsive to what I am asking that I know exactly when I get it right or wrong. With Xena I have a little more lee way and it makes me lazy.

Cheers

Tony