How Does Your Dog Let You Know What They Want?

mutt lover

Well it looks like all our dogs have us well trained and we all have funny stories we could tell of what they do or did that make/made us laugh. thanks for sharing everyone.

Another funny story I remember from when I was a kid quite a few years ago my mum and I were in kitchen and there was a hunstman spider on the wall :) so we sprayed it and as you know they tend to jump off wall and was running towards us, so as you do we squealed. Well the old dog we had then was asleep under kitchen table and was probably wondering what we were carrying on about. All of a sudden he got up walked over to where spider was on floor gave it a whack with his foot then went back under the table gave a HUFF and went back to sleep like he was saying "Well I'm not going to get any sleep until I help em out". my mum and I just looked at each other talk about your dog making you feel very small, was funny though. :)

My Ted is quite the smarty pants. He knows how to open the sliding doors (that are 30 years old and difficult to move). He lets himself in when he wants to come in which can be a little annoying. But the best part of it is he has now learnt to open it from the inside, so at night he goes and lets himself out! He is yet to learn to close the door.

When he is in trouble he pulls the 'mummummummmummmummummumuummm' thinking I will just let him go as it is really cute (and he usually gets away with it).

Ted doesnt like his bowl to be empty - ever. So when it is he pushes it around with his paw until he gets your attention.

The other REALLY clever thing he does is open the door, let Booh in and see if she gets in trouble for coming in. When she doesnt, he comes in. Ted sends her in to 'test the water'.

Oscar and Dude either sit infront of me and whimper or jump on my lap and put one paw on my shoulder lol.. I run through the list of things and when whatever they want comes up they bark and jump off me.

We have the dogs' water bowls inside but at the back door and we keep a jug next to them for filling up. One day Elle kept on knocking over the jug and making a racket. I thought she was just doing it accidentally but she kept on doing it over and over, so eventually I got up to see what she was doing and she was sitting patiently by the bowls which were empty. Smart girl she is! I filled them up and she had a drink and tottered off back to bed :laugh: Mission accomplished. I wonder if she was knocking it over because she knew that's how we fill up the bowls or if she was just trying to get my attention with the closest object.