52 Weeks For Dogs 2010

~*Shell*~

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did it 2009 with Chester. And I sent out a bunch of invites to some people I know here & there at the end of the year. They've been struggling with the whole idea of keeping it diverse, yet intimate and friendly. The restrictions are not arbitrary, but more thought out with consideration for the community feel of the group, which is what makes it a pleasure to be involved with! I'm sorry :eek:

Great idea to make a DOL 52 weeks for dogs!! Can I join?

Anyway, I've decided this year I'll be doing it with Jamie :eek:

eta: Jamie's week 1

4249816418_c72389fd63.jpg

Edited by Clicking Mad

I have joined the 52 weeks of dog and am photographing Flynn. I've also joined the DOL 52 weeks :eek: Can I do a photo a week per dog, or do I have to limit it to just one dog also?

hey yeh! that would be an advantage for the DOL 52 weeks group! I've so struggled in deciding which dog to go with this year :eek:

Well with a new puppy arriving in 16 sleeps I was planning on photographing him as well as Morty so feel free to do each of your dogs .... everyone is welcome - just keep a good number system on your photos and we can trace them through the year

Apparently they don't like you putting extra photos in your comments section because people are on dial-up, etc. Who the hell has dialup these days and what are they doing on Flickr then! :laugh:

That's my style - I do a photo shoot and I put up a series that make up a story. I'm seriously thinking of quitting the group now. It's not like the group was the reason why I did 52 weeks but if the group hinders what I would usually do then what's the point of staying?

Sorry OT, but TN how do you add the extra photos In the comment section ??

I wanted to do that the other day as I had a series of 2 but could not work out how :laugh:

Thanx

If you want to make them invisible on the rest of your photostream, if you're using the Flickr Uploader, in the top right you can tick "only you" for visibility. If they're already uploaded or if you're uploading them via a web browser, then open the photo and then on the right hand side there will be a green square and "anyone can see this photo". Click 'edit' next to that. Then change it to "only you (private)".

Then, to add the photos to your comments, go to "All sizes" above the photo. Click "medium" at the top. Then copy the <a href....................... > link under the pic and paste that into your comments.

Let me know if you need more details and I can do some screen shots for you.

I wanted to do that the other day as I had a series of 2 but could not work out how :laugh:

Thanx

also does anyone mind if i put up more than one pic for the week or should we just stick to one? Opinions?

Thanx

also does anyone mind if i put up more than one pic for the week or should we just stick to one? Opinions?

Personally, I think you should pick a main one and put the others in the comments. Or just add one to the group. If you want to put the extras here I don't mind.

Apparently they don't like you putting extra photos in your comments section because people are on dial-up, etc. Who the hell has dialup these days and what are they doing on Flickr then! :laugh:

That's my style - I do a photo shoot and I put up a series that make up a story. I'm seriously thinking of quitting the group now. It's not like the group was the reason why I did 52 weeks but if the group hinders what I would usually do then what's the point of staying?

Where does it say that? Did you get it in a PM?

I am in the 52 weeks of dogs one but I will be doing it with Lincoln (when he arrives next week!) don't know how I got in because I too am new to Flickr. I will do the DOL 52 weeks with Toby, so he can feel special too. This is week one, I love how it shows his white chin!

4250045613_e6801595f6_b.jpg

Where does it say that? Did you get it in a PM?

Yep.

hi Nik. i didn't want to say anything in your comments, but although sometimes it's appropriate to show one or two outtakes, but please try not to make a habit of it.

the main reason it's not condoned is because the idea of the group is ONE photo a week. i know that often it's hard to choose the best, so i don't mind the OCCASIONAL outtake.

also -- believe it or not -- we still do have some people on dial-up, and multiple photos in your comments doesn't allow them to easilyview your photo submission.

thanks for understanding

The thing is... My extra photos aren't outtakes. They are a collection of photos and without all the them it feels incomplete. *sigh*.

Edited by TerraNik

Do you have to have a yahoo account to join Flickr? I really don't want another email as I have four already.

Yeah, but I have never used my Yahoo account except for Flickr and Yahoo Groups. Nothing actually goes there. You can have a different email for notifications, etc.