Looking For An Offleash Dog Beach South Of Brighton Dog Beach Melbourn

Isabel964

Hi Everyone

I posted in December to find a dog beach south of St Kilda dog beach. You let me know of Brighton Dog beach which is fabulous. So sometimes I go there and sometimes I still got the St Kilda one. But traffic to get to both from Ferntree Gully is just a bit much. Both take 40 minutes and the drive on a hot day for the dogs through all that traffic is just a bit of a put off (though we still do it LOL).

I called the Frankston Council today and they said dogs can go on all their beaches after 7.30pm during summer through to the end of March - but they have to be leashed. Being leashed is just not helpful when a dog wants to chase a ball, play around and romp with other and go swimming! The traffic going more south would be better, even if its still a way to go - and using the Eastern freeway makes it easier.

If anyone knows of any dog offleash beaches south of Brighton beach, it would be fabulous to share that. No matter how far south I guess - it might be nice to know of an option. I only know of offleash dog beaches in port Melbourne, St Kila and brighton. Surely there are some further south. It would be really sad if there aren't I mean why don't more councils set aside an area for a dog beach? There is lots of beach and it would be much appreciated.

Hi Everyone

I posted in December to find a dog beach south of St Kilda dog beach. You let me know of Brighton Dog beach which is fabulous. So sometimes I go there and sometimes I still got the St Kilda one. But traffic to get to both from Ferntree Gully is just a bit much. Both take 40 minutes and the drive on a hot day for the dogs through all that traffic is just a bit of a put off (though we still do it LOL).

I called the Frankston Council today and they said dogs can go on all their beaches after 7.30pm during summer through to the end of March - but they have to be leashed. Being leashed is just not helpful when a dog wants to chase a ball, play around and romp with other and go swimming! The traffic going more south would be better, even if its still a way to go - and using the Eastern freeway makes it easier.

If anyone knows of any dog offleash beaches south of Brighton beach, it would be fabulous to share that. No matter how far south I guess - it might be nice to know of an option. I only know of offleash dog beaches in port Melbourne, St Kila and brighton. Surely there are some further south. It would be really sad if there aren't I mean why don't more councils set aside an area for a dog beach? There is lots of beach and it would be much appreciated.

dromana has an offleash beach, next to the surf club, its a bit hard to find the entrance. i think its called shelly beach.... ill look it up for you, off leash all times of the year and all the people there had well behaved dogs.

Hi Everyone

dromana has an offleash beach, next to the surf club, its a bit hard to find the entrance. i think its called shelly beach.... ill look it up for you, off leash all times of the year and all the people there had well behaved dogs.

http://www.mornpen.vic.gov.au/Files/Animal...shFreeTable.pdf

its number 22, sfatey beach /tassels cove, you have to go down bruce rd to get to the carpark before you go down the underpass. great beach, and only tool us about 45 mins from ringwood, eastlinks great!

Edited by radish

Hi Everyone

This is odd as I live there and we can take the dogs on the beach after 7.30pm and before 10am off lead on Carrum/Seaford beach.

They are also testing a new stretch of beach thanks to residents votes for dogs to be allowed on after 5pm (on lead though) instead so they too can cool off on hot days and not have to wait utnil 7.30pm. :( Frankston Council.