Dog Friendly Accom.

HOGWARTZBOXERS

Hi Everyone

I am trying to find some dog or dog trailer friendly accomodation near the Bulla Canine Centre in Vic.

Where does everyone stay??

Cheers Hogz

If you want 'truly' (by Aust. standards anyway as our dog-friendly is so crap compared to OS) dog friendly and not just 'dogs allowed in car' type accommodation, the closest I can think of would be the caravan park at Craigieburn/Somerton - Apollo Gardens. They have a website so you can google them.

Would be about a 15 to 20 minute drive from there.

Most of the stuff around the airport wouldn't be too dog friendly I would imagine. In the other direction you have Sunbury but not sure what's there at all. There is a small motel at Bulla but don't know anything about them either.

Thanks for that but Apollo wont allow more then 2 dogs even if they stay in the trailer as they have had "problems" with people ignoring their dogs barking at night in the trailers and they have now spoiled it for eveyone else........

otherwise yes they would have been good.

Cheers Hogz

If you want 'truly' (by Aust. standards anyway as our dog-friendly is so crap compared to OS) dog friendly and not just 'dogs allowed in car' type accommodation, the closest I can think of would be the caravan park at Craigieburn/Somerton - Apollo Gardens. They have a website so you can google them.

Would be about a 15 to 20 minute drive from there.

Most of the stuff around the airport wouldn't be too dog friendly I would imagine. In the other direction you have Sunbury but not sure what's there at all. There is a small motel at Bulla but don't know anything about them either.

Hi - I haven't stayed here myself (as I live in Melbourne) but you could try the guys below.

Accommodation Name - Rochford Rd Thoroghbreds

Location - Newham (Nr Sunbury), Vic (1162 Rochford Road, Newham)

Contact Details - (03) 54270931

Web Site - http://totaltravel.com

Type of Accommodation - Self Contained Unit/Cottage

Details - A delightful first class farm stay surrounded by fantastic scenary, close to Hanging Rock. on a working race horse stud. Choose Self Contained cottage or be spoilt at the main house with Bed and Breakfast.

Dogs Welcome but must be on leash at all times, and crated inside when not attended.

ideal spot if attending shows at Sunbury, or that special get away with your 4 paw pals.

Rating - (Out of a possible 5 ... 5 being excellent)

Also in Melbourne, at Williamstown - this would be about 25 to 30mins from Bulla, but its near the sea :eek: Again, haven't stayed there, but seen their adverts a lot :eek:

Accommodation Name - North Haven By the Sea B&B

Location - Williamstown, Vic (Merrett Drive)

Contact Details - 0393998399

Type of Accommodation - Bed/Breakfast

Details - Great large fenced back yard. Plenty of areas which are covered for sleeping. Walking tracks and park at doorstep including a dog friendly swimming beach.

Rating - (Out of a possible 5 ... 5 being excellent)

This review was submitted on 4-Jul-04 by Marg W2

Edited by lappiemum