Walking The Dog Log

Daisy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are still here but I have been exhausted with work and trying to get more than 5 hours sleep. Coming off weekends now so no more excuses.

Daisy, you have joined the "interesting" walk brigade hope you are not too sore.

Daisy, you have joined the "interesting" walk brigade hope you are not too sore.
;) :welcome:

Have been out with Dozer this morning, the only bit of me that still hurts is my toe, it is pretty sore, I don't think it is broken, just badly bruised.

Had to go looking for this thread.

We went out Thursday for a walk with my friend the boys were not allowed off lead to swim, but continued on after my friend went home. Tonight we walked the streets, took a couple of detours as I forgot there was a rodeo in town and there was a few revelers about but all good and no dramas

That toe still sounds sore Daisy.

:laugh: I have been without a phone line or DSL connection at home since Tuesday. It was fixed (sort-of) last night but keeps crashing. We've walked at least once each day this week, with the exception of Wednesday. Thursday, Friday and Saturday we've had a ball at the Archery range where we've been walking the 3D course (a couple of ks) - it's lovely in the bush, off-lead, with no other dogs to worry about! :eek:

This morning I had a bit of a scare though as we returned to the shop at the range a family (well-known to me as feral!) had arrived - 3 children under 4 all unsupervised and mom pregnant again and she will sit in the door to the shop, obstructing the entrance with the smallest child on the ground at her feet. Fortunately for me I saw their car before Max saw the kids and managed to get his lead back on him. I did cut the stay short though as I don't "do" undisciplined kids. Mind you it was getting rather hot so perhaps it was a good thing :(

PS, Max wants to play with the kids and is not aggressive, it's just that he is big and might hurt them.

I have been plodding along, taking Ebony, the grey for her 20 min walks, and have taken my 14 1/2 year old whippy Skye to the beach on her own for a little walk and paddle which she enjoyed, I have bought one of those 'dreaded' extenda leads for her as she is deaf and gets a bit disorientated, so I keep her on that lead while on the beach, and then change back to the martingale.

Then I have taken the other 2 whippies to the lead free beach for a good run and play.

I wish I had another pair of hands so I didn't have to do it all in shifts, I do it this way just in case I meet a loose dog which causes a problem, mine would be no trouble to walk together, but there is always the unknown, and couldn't protect them all.,

Sorry iv been MIA having a stressfull time here at the moment but the dogs have been getting out for there walks have only missed a couple of days .But i have cut the distance back i think Hudson has sore back legs so i will take it easy for awhile. Too much road work i think .

vicki. :laugh:

Hi Dog walkers, sorry I've been MIA for awhile, I spent 10 days in Melbourne at an agility seminar. The dogs and I have had an hour walk last night and Sat night, and if the rain holds off we will be walking again tonight.

Sorry to hear about everyones "interesting" dog walks :) I hope everyone has trouble free walks comming up.

Took a wander around the local reservoir park today. If anything I am seeing more of my neighbourhood than I have in the last ten years, different places rather than continually walking in the same areas as I used to

Took a wander around the local reservoir park today. If anything I am seeing more of my neighbourhood than I have in the last ten years, different places rather than continually walking in the same areas as I used to

:crossfingers:

Hope everyone is doing well. I have had a bad week walking-wise, I have been so busy and so tired I just haven't been able to drag myself out for walks in the morning. I did take Hugo for a walk Wednesday morning, and then took him to dog training that evening. I felt bad though, so got up early today and took Dozer for a walk, then took the greyhound boys out this evening. it was pretty much dark by the time I got home though, and the boys saw the puddy-tat before I did :( None of us saw the puddy till it was right under our noses and it took off, Clyde started after it but pulled up pretty quick, but surprisingly my amiable little Ryan really set off after the running puddy, and it always amazes me how much speed a greyhound can get up to from a standing start till they hit the end of the 2 metre lead (oh my arm/shoulder/neck). thank goodness Mr Puddy got away though!

hello everyone.

i thought i might join you in the quest of dog walking. for the past couple of months i have been pretty occupied and have gotten into a slump of no walking or training.

for my first post in hear i have good news we went for a walk. :crossfingers::(

it was only around the corner to the bp however it took longer than expected as we are learning to sit before crossing the road, i must have looked crazy standing on the corner for 5min until she sat.

We started the week well, walking before work. Planned to go today but more thunderstorms put paid to that, it's good to have the rain but too dangerous to be walking in.

Tonight we played with a tuffie inside for a while, including drops and stays, seems to have got rid of the pent up energy of being couped up inside for most of the day.

Expecting more storms tomorrow hopefully they are over quickly

Hi Dog walkers! and welcome kchogan :thumbsup:

I haven't been updating as well, but I have been walking everyday since my last post. I've decided to do seperate walks again for awhile, Anna goes by herself and the boys go together as I think it is better for all of them. So I've been taking Anna, comming home and swapping dogs then walking the boys :laugh: double the excercise for me too :laugh: tiring tho, I hope I can keep it up.

Brilliant effort Casima

My parents visited today so I just managed to fit in a walk before the latest lot of thunderstorms hit. A walk tomorrow is off as I had minor flooding inside the house and before I go to work I need to try and locate my other gumboot that I think was washed away in the rivers running either side of the house as well as ensuring the drains around the house are clear.

OT but who would has thought 12 months ago we were sweltering and in shock after the fires and now we are almost drowning!! I seem to spend a lot of time soaked to the skin at the moment!!

I really need to get off my arse more often... more for my own benefit than that of the malinut...

We went down to the river this morning, I wouldn't exactly call it a walk but it was excercise for us both as I ran up and down the shoreline as he swam laps!

The river was up about a metre on where it usually is, and flowing quite quickly, but I made sure nutcase had his PFD on and kept him in close to the bank, and he had a 40min swim (though I gave up after about 10mins, running in sand is hard!) and is now snoring in his crate :D