Any Guesses?

~*Shell*~

My friend's little rescued boy is one of the strangest looking dogs I think I've ever met - I was wondering if anyone had any guesses as to what he is. We've been trying to work it out for the last couple of years. We've guessed everything from corgi to german shepherd to kelpie to sibe so if anyone else has any ideas, she'd love to know what you think!

Knoxxy:

4257322577_db863ab363.jpg

4258082108_0526a20045.jpg

4257325777_85d404ce9b.jpg

He's built like a tank, carries his tail over his back and has really short legs. We're guessing half corgi because of the build but he's so solid and strong!

Pembroke corgi for sure. Don't think he's crossed with anything, just a BYB corgi.

ETA Actually looking again I can really see Vallhund in there too...Not sure if there are many valls in Sydney though so it could be unlikely...Gosh he looks very vall-ish though! His ears and skull look like a vallhund but then again valls look similar to corgis so he could just be a corgi. Send him here so I can check him out in the flesh (and kidnap him!) :thumbsup:

Edited by Mim

Pembroke corgi for sure. Don't think he's crossed with anything, just a BYB corgi.

ETA Actually looking again I can really see Vallhund in there too...Not sure if there are many valls in Sydney though so it could be unlikely...Gosh he looks very vall-ish though! His ears and skull look like a vallhund but then again valls look similar to corgis so he could just be a corgi. Send him here so I can check him out in the flesh (and kidnap him!) :thumbsup:

I agree with you Mim, looks pure (badly bred) but pure all the same.

Cute little thing.

No idea, other than corgi. Did you use the 50mm for these pics, whatever, I love the DOF

I did use the 50mm - I'm so happy with the 1.4. These shots were taken at about 8pm!

I agree with you Mim, looks pure (badly bred) but pure all the same.

Cute little thing.

Really? I haven't ever seen a pure corgi, even a badly bred one, like him. To me he seems too wide and he's got a funny backend.

Thanks for the imput guys - I might suggest they get the test done for him and see if it can work out what he is!