Rally-o

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a high possibility and we are all working hard to make this happen. No one from that area has approached me (hint, hint) It's not hard to put one together. I have a document I email those that are interested as to what we would need and how to proceed to get it going.

Should be noted that although most times, it's clubs that instigate this, I've done a few for non clubs that were just organized by avid prospective rally o"ers. It's not terribly hard...we need a place for the seminar on the Saturday and a place to do the practical on the Sunday. I've done these in peoples homes (BIG huge living rooms) and tiny club houses. let me know if you might want to start something for that area. closest I've been to Brisbane is the Gympie seminar last year.

Thank AS. I will ask around and see if there is any interest here. IMO Rally-o would be perfect for the lower level classes at obedience clubs, way more interesting to pet owners than just paddock bashing and way more interesting for the dogs too :laugh:

Edited by huski

There are no clubs in Sydney that hold classes as far as I'm aware - occasionally our club runs something like Rally O (for fun) but it annoys me that it's not run correctly so I tend not to participate (or I do and then get in trouble for doing the course "wrong").

Hopefully when Terranik and I become full fledged instructors, they'll let us take a Rally O class. Zero adored it - he loves that I'm allowed to use my silly voice and talk to him. He gets bored in traditional obedience.

There are no clubs in Sydney that hold classes as far as I'm aware - occasionally our club runs something like Rally O (for fun) but it annoys me that it's not run correctly so I tend not to participate (or I do and then get in trouble for doing the course "wrong").

Hopefully when Terranik and I become full fledged instructors, they'll let us take a Rally O class. Zero adored it - he loves that I'm allowed to use my silly voice and talk to him. He gets bored in traditional obedience.

Yep! That's the plan! I hope they like the idea... :laugh:

that's really unfortunate to hear as I think what people will find is that they will get VERY confused with the REAL rules when it comes in and be unable to compete because they've been programmed to think this is just 'second rate obedience' which in fact (as you WA folks will see soon) this sport can be a LOT harder to excel at. Ask anyone that tried to get a perfect score out of this person!!

I get frustrated when I hear of a club that proudly announces they are doing "rally" when in fact they aren't...they aren't teaching the correct method overall, nor the correct way to do a station. Yes it's meant to be fun, but it's not meant to be sloppy. I think too many have gotten stuck into the Novice level (done on lead) and don't realize how challenging (depending on how the judge sets up the course) the Advanced and Excellant levels can be.

Anyone practicing their 3 steps backward station? :laugh:

The club valleyCBR and I go to is going to be holding Rally classes after the seminar as the Instructor has done the Canadian Rally and wants to make sure she's teaching us right :laugh: .

Hervey Bay. Only started about 2 months ago and they only do it first thursday of the month, trying it out. I'll go next time, our weather has been :):) aand the viz HATES the cold, HATES it :laugh::rofl:

The club valleyCBR and I go to is going to be holding Rally classes after the seminar as the Instructor has done the Canadian Rally and wants to make sure she's teaching us right .

Not too many sleeps to go before then!

The club valleyCBR and I go to is going to be holding Rally classes after the seminar as the Instructor has done the Canadian Rally and wants to make sure she's teaching us right .

Not too many sleeps to go before then!

I got my confirmation in the mail today yay! :D

Please remember WA attendees..I got a horrible flight to get there that puts me with very little sleep before you see my shiney face on Saturday so bear with me while I get my feet under me and rolling...then...well....it's non stop and full speed ahead!!

that's really unfortunate to hear as I think what people will find is that they will get VERY confused with the REAL rules when it comes in and be unable to compete because they've been programmed to think this is just 'second rate obedience' which in fact (as you WA folks will see soon) this sport can be a LOT harder to excel at. Ask anyone that tried to get a perfect score out of this person!!

I get frustrated when I hear of a club that proudly announces they are doing "rally" when in fact they aren't...they aren't teaching the correct method overall, nor the correct way to do a station. Yes it's meant to be fun, but it's not meant to be sloppy. I think too many have gotten stuck into the Novice level (done on lead) and don't realize how challenging (depending on how the judge sets up the course) the Advanced and Excellant levels can be.

Anyone practicing their 3 steps backward station? :mad

I got really frustrated with the way they ran it at our club, I hope that we'll be able to teach Rally the way it's supposed to be done so everyone can see it's not just second rate obedience but another dog sport entirely!

Our three steps backwards is getting nowhere!! Zero will back up but his bum slides out of position when he does it. If I do it against a wall, he'll sit down. :shhh: More practice I think!!!

Edited by ~*Shell*~