Rally-o

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My training friend Sue and her Alaskan Malliemute and I have started doing a bit of Rally O as our training work outs on Sunday mornings, just the two of us - I have Whippets, our dogs seem to be really enjoying this, far more than regular obedience!

I am really looking forward to being in Tassie in early October > late Jan. as I hope to see some Rally O in action!

Annie

Make sure you let us know closer to the time, pawsaroundoz, and we can point you in the right direction - clubs in Hobart and Launceston have Rally O pretty much every week, so you should be able to see some. :D

RallyValley..whatever help you need...ask....maybe time for another 'kick up the bum' seminar? ;)

NSW judges are getting their education seminar mid Spring and I"m looking forward to showing them the ropes of this. TCA held one a while back with mandatory attendance and inspite of the not so great weather (cold and windy) it went over very well I think.

Hoping the NSW goes over as well, but so far, response is very good...nice to see the judges want clear instruction on hows and wherefors to go into this correctly. :)

RallyValley..whatever help you need...ask....maybe time for another 'kick up the bum' seminar? ;)

:thumbsup: I missed the first one.

I'd love a seminar revisiting the novice stuff but also addressing the advanced stuff!

Can be easily done....I did a similar 'focused' seminar in Tassie for advanced/excellent. Still a full days work and lots of brain strain but went over very well I think, to help people get confidence about the higher levels. A few reminders of basic rules discussed but it was a seminar geared for folks that had the basic understanding of the sport. Also helped those judges sort out a few problems with the higher levels and scoring.

:thumbsup: Just wanted to say how great the novice/advanced seminar was that Angelsun did in Hobart. I hadnt been able to go to the original novice seminar a couple of years ago, so was a bit behind many of the others, but Angelsun organised it so well that gaps were covered, and we were encouraged on to the advanced. And yes - plenty of brain strain for handlers :D .

• 1 month later...

There is a seminar happening in SA with a presenter that is a rally judge and conformation judge as well. Please be aware that this presenter is an AKC judge and most likely will be using SOME of the signs or descriptions on how to do the signs based on the AKC rules and NOT the CKC (which is the model for our Australian Rally O)

Please be aware for ANYONE attending seminars not presented by myself (or a few select individuals that have been well and truly had the rules stamped into their brains by me) that station #20 and #40 have been altered incorrectly. Neither of them are change of direction as indicated, and neither of them are to be preformed BEFORE the sign as it is technically impossible to do the station correctly this way. It has come to my attention that the re writing of the description MAY be based on some AKC, however I speak from trialling experience (unlike a few that seem to feel they fully understand this sport) that the description noted in the ANKC draft is in fact NOT the way we trialled in the USA and doing it the way described, would in fact result in a major point deduction as the station would be performed incorrectly.

Hi

For all Rally Obedience enthusiasts a Rally O Seminar has been arrange for 10th December 2011 by the Queensland Rally Obedience Working Party.

Looks like a must do event and one definitely not to be missed.

All details are available in the September edition of Queensland "Dog World" magazine.

Looks as though it will be good for all prospective competitors once everything is up and running.

• 1 month later...

Great News!!!!

The Rally Obedience Seminar to be run by the Queensland Rally O Working Party will incorporate any changes as per the ratified Rally Obedience Rules which now appear in the ANKC website. These Rules are effective as of 1st January 2012 so roll on the New Year.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone heading to Bulla this weekend, l can't find my gazette and just went to double check start time and if there were any requirements for dogs.

Hi Sniffalot

The Rally-O day at Bulla commences at 10.00am as written in October's gazette p.21

Like you I can't find my November gazette.

For your dogs, well the usual - crate, water, treats; chair, water and food for you. I think they'd prefer dogs that can or have done Rally-O before

I'm so looking forward to attending. I can't get enough information into me. I want to know everything and then more

Anyone heading to Bulla this weekend, l can't find my gazette and just went to double check start time and if there were any requirements for dogs.

Hi Sniffalot

The Rally-O day at Bulla commences at 10.00am as written in October's gazette p.21

Like you I can't find my November gazette.

For your dogs, well the usual - crate, water, treats; chair, water and food for you. I think they'd prefer dogs that can or have done Rally-O before

I'm so looking forward to attending. I can't get enough information into me. I want to know everything and then more

Hi Gamby,

see the note from Melody in the other training section below. No dogs other than those who have been organize to attend. Did you registar?

Look forward to seeing you there on Sunday