Cost Of Feeding

I'm interested in learning how much it costs people to feed their dogs. Obviously there's a lot of factors, like the size of the dog, age and what type of food you feed.

I'll start

Breed(s): Lab X

Food: VAN and RMBs

Cost: $2.40/day (Approx. $1.40 VAN and $1 RMB.)

Breeds(s): Lab

Food: VAN and RMBs

Cost: $2.40/day (Approx. $1.40 VAN and $1 RMB.)

Edited by Baby Dragon

Two staffords

I buy bulk but its around the $10/15 aweek

it includes chic necks/frames

mince,rice,noodles,veg,fish.

and home made dry dog treats.

Nothing has color/flavors or preservative's :thumbsup:

When the other two staffords are home with me the cost only goes up another $5.00 go figure!!!

Edited by Asari

Breed: Golden Retriever

Weight: 20kg

Food: Artemis

Amount: About 200g per day (almost 2 cups)

Cost: $1.50 per day, so $10.50 a week + treats/bones/etc (random amounts so can't calculate)

Edited by Serket

Breed: Shar Pei

Weight: 15 - 28kg

Food: Hills Science Diet or Advance

Amount: 2 - 4 cups each per day depending on the dog

Cost: Usually 22.5kg of kibble a week so $135 roughly. Does not include treats, chicken frames, probiotics, tinned (wet food) to entice fussy eaters, yoghurt or RMB.

I am going to use Ams idea :rofl::rofl:

Breed: Ridgeback

Weight: 40-45kg

Food:

Minced Chicken Meat & Bone

Minced Beef, Lamb & Fish

Fruit (apples, pears, seasonal fruits)

Vegetables (pumpkins, sweet potato, beans, leafy greens, seasonal vegetables)

Eggs

Yoghurt

Flaxseed Meal

Omega 3,6,9

Kelp

Garlic (that is all whipped up together)

Bones with good amount of meat

Amount: 500grams of meat and 500gram of Bone with good amount of meat

Cost: About $2.00 a day

Edited by Miss BeRidgierent

:rofl:YOU WIN :champagne:

:rofl:

Actually, I think when you look at the comparison to others, I lose :champagne::).

Nope - I'm hoping that with the care he is getting, things will get better and if what I'm doing brings him to good health (and the need for less food) then I'll be happy.

I probably couldn't afford a Toyota Rav4 - Cruiser, anyway. :p

Edited by Erny

Two adult Rough Collies( age 5 yrs and 3 yrs):

14kg of Innova Adult Chicken Kibble lasts for about 8 weeks( you only feed 400gms per day). I get it at wholesale rates so save about $40 per bag.

The change in their coats etc in amazing. Innova is all natural with chicken,turkey, barley, rice, carrots, cottage cheese, alfalfa and the Innove NovaFlex Canned food you can actually see all the ingredients.I also get that at wholesale rates and they get a tablespoon of that with the kibble, mainly to hide their daily Dimmitrol Heartworm tablets . My slow eater has now become the one to finish first and go looking at the other ones plate in case there is anymore. :thumbsup:

Yes I know it is imported by Pets Paradise but where I source if from do not sell any live pets.

They love it and it is the only kibble that they actually crunch and chew, all the other kibbles they just swallowed whole

4yo Chihuahua

5 days a week

1 x chicken neck and 1/3 cup dried food a day = about 30c a day

2 days a week

Mince and veges and 1/3 cup dried food a day = about 60c a day

About $3 a week

The chi-chis are very cheap to feed!! :welcome:

Wanna swap? :swear: I think I want a chi :rolleyes:

Sash costs quite a bit to feed... she does not seem to tolerate raw food (which we determined through elimination diet).

Ridgeback x Mastiff (35kgs) - 3.5 years old

3/4 can Advance canned food per day - 2 cups Advance dry food

Not sure of the calculations, but the cans cost $4 each and the dry food $102 per 2 -3 months.

So approx $4 - $5 per day :swear: - but I thank Dog I'm not Erny!

Plus a couple of small meaty bones per week approx $2 per week + treats maybe $2 per week?

Chloe costs about the same, and has Advance canned or boiled chicken breast/gravy beef + vegies - she may even cost more as she gets human grade top quality meat :swear: - but then, she deserves nothing less :thumbsup:

My "thpethal" health issues dog?

Rhodesian Ridgeback

18mo

$120.00 per week. :rolleyes:

:swear:

Dare I ask what that diet consists of?!

The additives are things like pre-biotics; pro-biotics; digestive enzymes; nutrivite, amongst a couple of other things.

For six or seven months he was eating Allerblend and he seemed to improve on that. But it is difficult to keep weight on him, so he was eating 2000g per day. It is not cheap stuff. He was strictly on this (no other foods) as we were trying to work a few things out. But, as pattern would have it, he went off that (just as he did the Eagle Pack and also the whole raw foods that he was fed before that) and he is now on BARF Rabbit. I try to get 8 tubs of that into him per day. Less than that (ie 6) maintains his weight (although he needs more on) and less than that again, he loses weight. He goes on and off things like chicken wings. Won't touch lamb shanks or lamb necks. Blah blah blah. Turns his nose up at kangaroo mince. BARF Rabbit was supposed to be only a PART of his diet, but it became the only thing he would eat. Even then, it can be a struggle sometimes. He loves sardines. I feed him those, but I use them as a form of encouragement to eat his BARF, on those days when he will eat next to nothing. My freezer (purchased just for his lordship's food storeage :welcome:) is full of food that is all good, but lays in wait for the day that I have got things right with him and he will eat them. :thumbsup: ..... that will prove to be a few weeks of no money spending on his meals :swear: .

I think my dog was born with a silver spoon.

Edited by Erny

Breed: Great Dane

Weight: 55-60kg

Food: Eagle Pack Fish, Tuckertime rolls, raw mix (homemade) sardines, tuna, eggs, cottage cheese, bones, lamb flaps, frames etc

Amount: 8 cups of dry max - less when combined with raw or tuckertime. Other stuff added to raw.

Cost: $130 for bag of EP which lasts around a month, tucker time is $15/3kg roll, raw mix - 4kg of raw costs me about $20 to make.

Daily cost probably around $10 a day.