Cost Of Feeding

Breed: Kelpie 16kg

Food: turkey necks. app $5.00pm

Mince chicken or beef $3.00pw

vegies, rice or pasta $3.00pw

Treats $ 2.00pw.

Total: $13.00pw. thats not counting the elect for the cooking.

Can I ask, where do you get your turkey necks from?

Orbit's turn! (this is just his food, not including supplements/medication)

Breed: Great Dane

Weight: 60kg (bit on the 'Orbese' side so aiming for about 57!!)

Food: Raw

Daily: about 500g minced turkey meat and 500g-1kg of either lamb flaps, roo tails, turkey wings/necks.

I buy in bulk and usually spend around $200 each time, which seems to last about 6 weeks.

So about $4-5 per day. Not bad for a giant breed!!

Breed: Dalmatian

Weight: 25kg

Food: Raw

Daily: 1 chicken frame and a couple of chicken feet.

Cost: Probably $1.20ish a day.

She gets bones a few times a week, so another $4 a week added onto that - $12.40/week.

hrm... did the math and D (7yr GSD, 45kg) is about $3-$4 a day...... but why am I always poor? :laugh:

oh well, good to see he isn't really costing me an arm and a leg, I'd hate to go out the back and shoot him

Edited by Vehs

Hmm, I buy everything in bulk so it's a bit hard to work out. I might spend $40 on mince one week then $20 on chicken frames the next then nothing for a month and so on. I would say that for a 39-40kg Ridgeback it is costing me around $20 a week.

I'll give it a shot and see if I can work it out...

He has:

Breakfast: 400-500g RMB's, either chicken frames or Roo =around 75c per day

Dinner: 250g roo mince -$3 per kilo so =around 75c per day

+ vegie slops (minced fruit/veg, garlic, kelp, parsely, eggs, omaga blend oil) - cost me around $30 to make up approx 2 months worth so =50c per day

+ natural yogurt -$4 per week =60c per day

+either Chicken necks ($2-3 per pack, enough for a week), sardines ($2 for 3 cans, does us for 2 weeks) or offal (around $3 for a pack of whatever is on offer and this would do us for 2 weeks -I bag it up and freeze) -$7 per week = $1 per day

Supplements- probably averages out to $5 per week =70c per day

So lets see... that around $4.50 per day/$30 per week

More than I thought! But then I spoil him and could probably do it for a lot less :laugh: And to be honest, by buying in bulk I dont really notice it at all.

Breed: Fox Terrier cross weighs 10.4kg

Food: dry biscuits (purina) & either chicken frames or chicken necks.

Cost: $50 for approx three months worth of dry food so around $5 a week. & $3-4 max a week on chicken.

Edited by jettyjet

2 GSD .... one 60kg and the other about 43kg.

They are fed raw and cost about $7 or $8 per day for everything (meals, supplements, treats). So that is about $50 per week (give or take a little).

I am sure it is the rabbits at $5 each or the fish/turkey necks that tend to push up the price a bit. Chicken necks are only about $2 per day but they don't get them every day

Stormie - I get the turkey necks atm at coles or woolies supermarket, bit expensive at $4.00kg, I was getting them at a produce store in bulk for $2.80 but they closed up so I am looking for another supplier. i only give smooch half a turkey neck, he won't eat until he has had the turkey neck and I found the chicken neck he was swallowing nearly whole and than he would bring it back up.

I honestly wouldn't have a clue.. I buy everything in bulk for our four, chicken mince is $1 per kg, beef is about $3.50 per kg, my eggs are free, chicken frames are 90cents a kg.. I buy royal canin in bulk for all four too.. last probably 3 months..

So to feed:

Mini foxie chihuahua cross, 8 years old, 6kg

Pug, 2 years old, 9.5kg

Australian shepherd, 11 months old, 25kg

Australian shepherd, 3.5 months old, 7kg

About $20 a week?

I'd be around the $100 a week but I have 3 dogs.

The all have a mix of meaty bone offcuts (smaller bones and more meat) and chicken neck/wings/frames (depends on whats on special) each day and raw of a night. (mainly mince mix with some rice, vegie, egg, etc)

A couple of times a week they get huge bones, cut in half. (when one is dead we chuck it out and give them another)

They usually have dry biscuits laying about as a snack but rarely eat them. (really a waste of money)

The pit needs supplements but I cannot be bothered adding it up then dividing..LOL

Hmm I have

Stafford - 12 1/2

Whippet - 2

Whippet - 10mths

Dry food - $13/wk

Sardines/cottage cheese/yoghurt/barf patties/chicken mince/tinned food(Stafford) - around $15/wk ??

Beef and lamb bones - nothing, home grown

Chicken carcasses occassionally.

I am not 100% sure as I buy dry food cheaper when I can and have a little stock pile going, other bits and bobbs when I am shopping, but no set amounts each week.

All I know is it is MUCH cheaper to feed 2 Whippets and A Stafford compared to 2 Dobes and a Stafford! Around 7 cups of food per day compared to 16!

And the food is nothing compared to the amount of Medication the Stafford goes through! I try no to think about that as it is quite expensive!

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

Breed: Siberian Husky

Dry food: Artemis grain free - healthy weight management.

Cost per bag: $110

Lasts for: about 4 months

Total cost per week: $6.40

Total cost per day: about $0.92

Zero also has other things in his diet like sardines ($2 for three tins - he gets a tin every second day), RMBs (usually free with our meat or a couple of dollars for a bag of 5-10 bones) or he gets a chicken carcass ($2 for 5 frames) or chicken wing ($5 for 2.5 kilos).

Total cost to feed Zero for a week: about $11.

He went off that (just as he did the Eagle Pack and also the whole raw foods that he was fed before that) and he is now on BARF Rabbit.

He goes on and off things like chicken wings. Won't touch lamb shanks or lamb necks. Blah blah blah. Turns his nose up at kangaroo mince. BARF Rabbit was supposed to be only a PART of his diet, but it became the only thing he would eat.

He loves sardines. I feed him those, but I use them as a form of encouragement to eat his BARF, on those days when he will eat next to nothing.

I think my dog was born with a silver spoon.

Not just yours... Bakari is fussy as too! Wouldn't eat Orijen, went off eagle pack, wouldn't touch hills so tried raw wont touch kangaroo, can't eat beef bones (they make him vomit) lamb bones do too but he wouldn't eat them anyway, will only eat a few sardines. :hug:

I get the premade barf rolls $3.60/kg & chicken frames 5 for $1

1 x 7 year old female desexed Ridgeback approx 40kg

1 x 2.5 year old male entire Ridgeback approx 60kg

Between the two of them:

1kg barf mince, 5 chicken frames, tin of tuna or 2 x tins of sardines per day

so about $6.50/day

Breed: Norwegian Elkhound

Dry food: Artemis Maximal (grain free)

Cost per bag (13 kg): $127 (inclusive of postage)

Lasts for: about 40 days

Other: BARF patties, fruits, raw bones.

Total cost per week: $35

Total cost per day: about $6

Breed: Golden Retriever

Dry food: Artemis Maximal (grain free)

Cost per bag (13 kg): $127 (inclusive of postage)

Lasts for: about 40 days

Other: BARF patties, fruits, raw bones.

Total cost per week: $35

Total cost per day: about $6

So, for both of them, it's about $12 a day.

Edited by Odin-Genie

Breed(s): Labrador

Food: was feeding eagle pack with rmb's but now more just on the rmb diet so anything chicken, lamb, kangaroo, turkey, beef, sardines/salmon once a week, eggs a couple times a week and offal a couple times a week. Supplement with O3's, yoghurt, ACV. Bought in bulk for the first time on monday so still working it out...

Cost: Probably around $2 - $4 a day depending on what she gets so around $20 weekly

Breed(s): Labrador

Food: same as above; mostly feed once a day, sometimes twice, yesterday it was kangaroo mince, today kangaroo tail, tomorrow mince & offal

Cost: Approx $3 - $5 a day so $30 weekly

Breed(s): Cocker Spaniel

Food: same as above

Cost: $1 - $3 a day so $15 a week

GRAND TOTAL: $65 give or take weekly