Just Came Home From The Dog Kennel Disappointed

Pete.the.dog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read this thread how many people would now use that kennel??

Jules I didn't name the kennel, if someone wanted to know the kennel, I would PM them - it's up to people to make up there own minds, many people felt my expectations were too high, so I don't see why they wouldn't use the kennel. Someone who worked at the kennel asked me for the name, I PMed them, then they replied on this post in response to my PM - naming the kennel and how good it is. Nothing they said to me eased my concerns. I have tried to contact the kennel owner but they haven't gotten back to me.

If any of the respondents were from the kennels being discussed then they seriously need to learn some customer service skills. If you were my employees I would have you re-trained or get rid of you.

In my view, the best response you could have given here was to contact the OP and insist on investigating their complaints, with assurances that you would ensure it didn't happen again if you were found to be doing the wrong thing or offering sub-standard service. Perhaps even offer a free day or two for the next time. Let's face it, you would have come across to everyone who read DOL as professional, willing to look at all sides of the story and a business worth referring on to new customers. As it is, you have left a bad impression and it appears the place employs people who don't understand what service is.

the thread started getting out of hand when posters seemed who seemed to have worked at the kennel got involved and made some very unprofessional comments. the OP was asking about their expectations and there was some discussion around that.

i am indeed concerned about the posters who seemed unprofessional but not concerned about the original post

To be honest this topic turned into something I never expected it to, as Jaxx has said. At first I was really interested in finding out what was going on regarding posters claiming to work at the kennels who posted and PM'd some unusual and very unprofessional things and also did some other unusual and unprofessional things. I'm actually really over it. As wrong as I think it is, and as much as I feel that people should be held accountable for their actions and behaviours (both the people I have already mentioned as well as the kennel in question) I don't really have the time or the energy spare to be an Erin Brokovich on this one, so I'm just going to take a deep breath, and put it behind me. Thank you to everyone who has contributed in a constructive manner, and given me advice which will help my decision making and choices in the future, I appreciate all you constructive and helpful DOLers out there!