New Award

Dracdog

I have just had a chance to properly read the January Dog World. They are initiating a new award to fillin the gap between Champ & Grand Champ. They are a Gold, Silver & Bronze awards you get bronze at 250, Silver at 500 and Gold at 750. I think this is a brilliant Idea as it may keep people from loosing interest in the long road between the existing Champ & Grand Champ.

It is only in Qld for now but if it works they say it will hopfully go national.

Great idea, especially for minority breeds that find it difficult to get big points at shows (can take years for some to even get near the grand).

With the new rules, its unlikely that many of the minority breeds will even get the Grand Ch status. At least this is something more to aim for...(ponders a QLD move...LOL)

Sounds like a great idea to me too :)

I also wish they would make the Grand Ch title a bit fairer and get rid of the 25 point CC bit... I don't see why breeds with higher numbers only have to beat their own breed for the title yet everyone else has to get BIG (beating the dogs with large breed numbers!)

What a brilliant idea! ;)

I hope it catches on nation wide! :)

I have just had a chance to properly read the January Dog World. They are initiating a new award to fillin the gap between Champ & Grand Champ. They are a Gold, Silver & Bronze awards you get bronze at 250, Silver at 500 and Gold at 750. I think this is a brilliant Idea as it may keep people from loosing interest in the long road between the existing Champ & Grand Champ.

It is only in Qld for now but if it works they say it will hopfully go national.

Great Idea! Gives you a focus after the champion title!

But I'm confused, are they going to give you the "Bronze Champion" Title? or is there going to be another naming for it?

Like Bronze Champion [Dog Name], especially if you use it on DogzOnline or Dogs Papers/Magazine/Website. What about catalogue, would they just refer to Aust Ch or Bronze Ch?

Am I just over thinking or analyzing? I'm just curious to learn more about these new awards!

-Michael

Great Idea! Gives you a focus after the champion title!

But I'm confused, are they going to give you the "Bronze Champion" Title? or is there going to be another naming for it?

Like Bronze Champion [Dog Name], especially if you use it on DogzOnline or Dogs Papers/Magazine/Website. What about catalogue, would they just refer to Aust Ch or Bronze Ch?

Am I just over thinking or analyzing? I'm just curious to learn more about these new awards!

-Michael

According to the Dog World because it is not national it won't be added to the dogs name as a title however it will be published the same way titles are. The current name for them is Qld Bronze Award, Qld Silver Award & Qld Gold Award.

I suppose if it does go national then the name will change and it will become a title.

I wonder if they have had anyone apply for them yet. Maybe not seeing as it only just started.

Edited by Dracdog

I can't really see the point in having anything that is not a "title". Anyone can advertise how many points there dog or bitch is on.

The clincher for me would be if it's free of charge or do you have to pay for your "award" . Would be a good money making exercise for the CCCQ wouldn't it, especially if they don;t have to reprint any certificates.

The logistics of it would be a nightmare, going through all of the applications for the awards , making sure the points add up and then doing it possibly 5 times in the show career of the dog.

I can't see them doing it for free.