How Much Would You Pay?

Bartok

At the moment I am going through alot of tests etc for a major

back injury that may require surgery. So it is hard to do alot of

the normal everyday tasks at home. I have 4 x large dogs to pick up

after.

It is an ok job to see if one of the local teenagers would like a job

picking up the pooh? and how much would u pay them?

How about getting yourself one of those long handled poop scoopers? I have a plastic one with the very charming brand name of "The Stool Tool". :banghead: It works a treat and has lasted longer so far those those metal ones that quickly fail.

No more bending over (I have a bad back too).

How about getting yourself one of those long handled poop scoopers? I have a plastic one with the very charming brand name of "The Stool Tool". :banghead: It works a treat and has lasted longer so far those those metal ones that quickly fail.

I will google it as I don't think I have seen them

As little as they'd take to do it. :banghead:

I hear ya, finding someone to do it as a labour of love would be just to much to ask lol

Do pooh aint that bad

If he wasn't being paid by the hour, and could play with the dogs while doing it, my younger brother would do it for X amount each day. So i imagine there would be other kids that would do the same.

I've just had a look and they don't seem easy to find. I stumbled across mine at a pet shop.

I did find one similar, but it has a rake thing. Mine is the smaller one to the right of the photo, without a rake:

http://www.petsolutions.com/default.aspx?I...15&SID=NXTG

Guest Kate_Summer
There is actually a business in Sydney who do this, I'll find their details for you...

Edited to add: http://poopatrol.com.au

I looked at the site lol

they charge by the kg - it is times like this i wish I owned rat dogs

LOL

I've just had a look and they don't seem easy to find. I stumbled across mine at a pet shop.

I did find one similar, but it has a rake thing. Mine is the smaller one to the right of the photo, without a rake:

http://www.petsolutions.com/default.aspx?I...15&SID=NXTG

I use an old garden rake cut down (handle was broken at the end anyway) and then I just some of the rake prongs off each side to make it a bit narrower. The scoop is a 5 lire acid bottle cut at an angle and screwed onto an old broom handle. Nothing fancy but does a great job.

I managed to find a bit of a photo of it ... if it wasn't for the brat walking past :mad It was taken to show what happens to wood if left unattended for 3 minutes.

post-1668-1263353729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tilly

Aww Fran, I wish I was closer - I'd happily do it for you. Would people actually expect money to do that? :banghead:

I don't actually mind poo patrol (except in times of intestinal disturbances - not so pleasant then). Sash loves nothing more than hiding them all over the place to surprise me... or leave a trail.

Hope things with your back improves soon.

They have the long handled poop scoop trays & the scoop thing you flick it in the tray with for about $15 in all the Cheapie shops here Reject shop, Cheap as Chips, Go Lo etc.

If you feel that you could manage with it & can't find one PM me & I will get one & mail it to you.

If not I don't know how much to pay & if anyone will do it for you reasonably.

Bad back is the pits. get well soon :banghead:

Aww Fran, I wish I was closer - I'd happily do it for you. Would people actually expect money to do that? :banghead:

I don't actually mind poo patrol (except in times of intestinal disturbances - not so pleasant then). Sash loves nothing more than hiding them all over the place to surprise me... or leave a trail.

Hope things with your back improves soon.

Yep, of course people expect to be paid for doing a job ?

I would pay $10 a day for it, it only takes a few seconds at my house, but the person does have to drive over - i would even be happy to pay 15

A DOLer had a poop scooping business - not sure if she still does it or not!

Hi there! I can't believe it - but after reading the forum for quite a while my first actual post is about POO! :banghead: I just had a look at the poo-patrol page and it made my day!!! LOL!

Anyway - to get back to the original question: I would ask the kids in the neighborhood as well. Playing with the dogs, help you (good deed) and getting maybe 10 bucks each time?! I would have done that straight away when I was little.