Boof Rescued From Life On Chain Gang

vk2mpj

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2010/01/1...local-news.html

The question I have, is what sort of person waits two days before calling in authorities? Seriously, watching someone laying into their dog with metal poles, then waiting until then next morning when there is more abuse before acting is not right at all...

But the upside is, he did speak up and the dog is safe now. Lets just hope they catch the mongrel....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbour Gordon Shelton said that after he saw the dog being "jumped on" he waited until the owner went to work, retrieved the animal and called the RSPCA.

So did they recreate the scene to get the photo?

:thumbsup:

Oh my god... that poor poor god - how the hell?!?! Just... I don't understand it.

Although this is concerning also:

Boof was the 14th Far Northern cruelty case or complaint made to the RSPCA already this year

A report a day... what's wrong with the world... seriously?

This is horrific! The man who did this shouldn't be allowed back into society once they catch him. I hope he gets what he deserves when he's in prison. I also want him named.

Good luck to Boof with finding a new loving home - I hope he hasn't got any long term injuries from this.

Poor dog. Here's wishes for a maximum conviction for the owner. Would be interesting to know what else he's in the frame for. Clearly, a violent person with a lack of empathy, in need of whatever correction the correctional system can offer, and a hefty fine and confinement if the correctional system can't correct. [Too bad cruel and unusual punishment isn't an option.] My guess is the 'sympathy' vote will find a caring home for Boof. Poor puppy deserves it.

Poor Boof, although thankful it was reported at all why wait 2 days to report such horrendous cruelty and torture :thumbsup:

Name and shame the monster that could do this, if he is heading down south the authorities obviously know who he is.

I hope that Boof now gets the best of homes knowing nothing but love from now on.

edited to remove the word this person really deserves to be called.

Edited by Robbi

Neighbour Gordon Shelton said that after he saw the dog being "jumped on" he waited until the owner went to work, retrieved the animal and called the RSPCA.

So did they recreate the scene to get the photo?

:thumbsup:

Looking at the gallery pics I am assuming the neigbour took that pic before he rescued him. Smart move on his part I guess

What a ^&*()%(. The owner better get jail time over this!!!

Boof looks a gorgeous happy boy in his other photos - if I wasn't full up to the brim I would put my hand up to take him on and let him live out his days in luxury

On his way to SA, Fabulous, lets hope he meets with a big, burly dog lover driving a scrap metal truck full of iron bars on the way down that has seen the story. If only they plastered a photo of the loser on the page also, nothing stopping him getting another one for "company" on the trip.

Dirty, slimy, miserable creature.

How could you possibly put that chain on an animal, he clearly is sick and must have derived pleasure from his torture. If that dog is only two years old what and was subjected to that torture in 2 days, what else has he endured in his life :thumbsup: poor baby

Edited by casowner

Oh I didn't see that gallery before. What a gorgeous looking guy he is!! Looks remarkable healthy really - coat, teeth and weight okay, but you can see where he's been hit. I wonder if the dog actually belonged to someone else and was stolen or only recently came into this cretins possession. Whatever the case thank DOG he's safe, he looks delightful.

There is no evidence that he is a psychopath. I think the media makes enough unsubstantiated claims and dramatizing without us joining in.

Absolutely

Bashing dogs with bars, twisting their legs to try and break them and tying them to a concrete post in 30 degree heat is COMPLETELY rational behaviour

:laugh:

There is no evidence that he is a psychopath. I think the media makes enough unsubstantiated claims and dramatizing without us joining in.

Absolutely

Bashing dogs with bars, twisting their legs to try and break them and tying them to a concrete post in 30 degree heat is COMPLETELY rational behaviour

:(

Not to mention stomping on your dog and punching him. Oh the sanity!! :laugh: