Boof Rescued From Life On Chain Gang

vk2mpj

The neighbour waited two days before reporting it???? :o

I thought that too. Fear? But at least he did get the dog out of there. Poor Boof. Hope he is ok and comes through the ordeal. Hope they find the owner and don't just give the usual slap on the wrist type punishment.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbour Gordon Shelton said that after he saw the dog being "jumped on" he waited until the owner went to work, retrieved the animal and called the RSPCA.

So did they recreate the scene to get the photo?

:o

Maybe the neighbour took the photo as evidence, before he freed and retrieved him.

I am assuming that the neighbour (quite rightly) may have been terrified (if he does that to a dog, what would he do to ME?) - however, ringing the police or RSPCA and asking to stay anonymous as you are afraid of consequences is what I'd have done. I'd never be able to sleep after seeing what that man must have seen...

I know what you are saying - I had the same thoughts as I read this. But whilst we might ponder on the reasons, I think we need to give benefit of the doubt. We don't know the relationship between the neighbours and it might have been a case of the owner knowing if he got reported, that it was likely to be the neighbour. I've read other posts here (for lesser things) where people have hesitated/refrained from reporting (not cruelty, but barking issues) for fear of the knowledge that the offending neighbours would know it was them. Could be the same in this instance and maybe there is family safety to think of. We just don't know so I like to think only kindly of the neighbour for at least not being able to stomache any more of it and helping the dog out. I don't think that would stop me reporting either, but perhaps it instilled enough fear that the neighbour needed the time to build up the courage. He did at least jump in and saved the dog from this and I hope the neighbour remains safe from retribution by Boof's owner. He'd have to be a very nasty piece of work and probably sees himself in the image of some big hulking hero.

Dogmad, couldn't have said it better myself. These people are NOT fit to walk amongst us in society - plain simple oxygen thieves. There is NO excuse for this type of behaviour. Even if the dog had attacked him etc, still no excuse. It's pure torture at it's lowest - and it is NOT accepted in Australia.

Agree.

Edited by Erny

Poor Boof boy :o

Lets hope they catch the guy and make an example of him . How can people be so cruel and thoughtless . Poor boofy boy fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and finds a loving home .

When they do catch the guy they maybe able to reuse the cement blocks and chain ! i could think of a couple of good uses for them !

Look at China, this kind of torture happens everyday, they are conditioned not to value a dogs life and they believe that torturing the dog improves the taste of the meat. Surely the explanation is not that they are all psychopaths ?

Conditioning not to value life is completely different to acting out random violence and cruelty. We kill animals for food and many of our society are conditioned not to value the life of a sheep for example. But that doesn't mean everyone goes around punching sheep, breaking their legs and so on just for the hell of it. Nor would most AUstralians be okay with anyone else doing that.

I don't know what happens in China (and don't think I want to!!!) but at the very least, there is some sort of reason - however vile and screwy it seems to us. Others commit what we see as acts of cruelty in order to scratch out a living (I am not going to explain that any further as I can't even bring myself to write about what they do).

But this guy was just purely and simply - and horrendously - attacking a dog. I don't imagine he intended eating it or was trying to "improve the taste". He just went into a violent frenzy against a defenceless animal. I suspect he enjoys torturing kittens too. Heaven only knows what he would do if he got hold of a child.

Some 'people' don't want a pet. Some people are cowards, or were bullied or badly abused in their youth with no proper outlet to recover, or are just sociopaths. Some people steal dogs for the sole motivation of inflicting pain.

If anything good comes from this horrific story, it'll be that Boof will have his choice from plenty of prospective loving families and the public will hopefully be more gutsy in coming forward with more of these backyard cruelty cases- they already are when it comes to dogs in hot cars.

I hope the media sticks hard to this story to assist with the capture and name shaming of that coward. But maybe that is wishful thinking when it comes to these cases.

thats disgraceful i cant believe how people can be so cruel if you dont want to look after a pet DONT get one
Edited by Ms Genki

Well, in China (some Chinese only) inflict suffering as the torturers believe suffering releases adrenalin.

Whatever the reason, dogs and cats are tortured so again they are commiting an evil act.

The reason is to eat, but again the way these poor creatures are tortured before death is unbelievable

Edited by GSDowner

As this "person" is wanted on other charges, I can't imagine it will be long before he is apprehended.

I don't understand what is meant by the neighbour "retrieved the dog" either. I wonder if he has used the wrong word? And waiting two days!! Extraordinary. Although the fellow who beat Boof sure sounds a mental case and it would be damned scary being around someone like that. But if one neighbour saw, surely others did as well, or heard :laugh: :D

Curtains twitching and then people ducking for cover.

i cant even put into words my emotion.......and it wouldnt be printable anyways.

i'm so pissed off this animal abuser didnt live next door to me.....no way in hell he would have been able to throw a second punch.............

2 f#cking days. the neighbour who alerted authorities at least cared enough to report it, in the end. imagine all the thousands of people out there who don't give a toss :thumbsup: