Bullmastiff-cross 'bashed, Punched Then Left To Die'

Kody's_Mum

:thumbsup::laugh::rofl: I hope they manage to track this poor excuse for a human down and he pays dearly for his cruel actions! Makes me absolutely sick!

http://www.news.com.au/national/bullmastif...r-1225819142476

Boof the dog was left with a 30kg chain around its neck attached to a concrete block. Picture: RSPCA

Man 'beat dog with metal pole'

Left in summer heat with 30kg chain

RSPCA hunting owner

THE RSPCA is hunting the owner of a bullmastiff-cross who allegedly left the dog to die in summer heat with a 30kg chain wrapped around its neck after beating it with a steel bar, punching it and trying to break its legs.

Neighbours say two-year-old Boof was also kicked and stomped on by its north Queensland owner during two days of torture before they called authorities, Cairns.com.au reports.

Neighbour Gordon Shelton said that after he saw the dog being "jumped on" he waited until the owner went to work, retrieved the animal and called the RSPCA.

"I witnessed the next door neighbour beating the dog with steel or a metal pole. He was laying into him fairly well," he said.

"The next morning I heard the dog howling and saw him physically punching the dog and he had one leg crossed over the other and he was pulling at them trying to break them.

Once the dog was on the ground he started stomping on it very badly and at that stage I yelled ‘Cut it out’.

Animal cruelty inspectors arrived shortly after and found a large industrial chain around the dog’s neck which was tied to two concrete building blocks, weighing 50kg in total.

The dog was struggling to stand during 31C heat.

RSPCA Far Northern regional inspector Cameron Buswell believed the man had fled Queensland and said Boof would have died if left in his condition.

Read more at Cairns.com.au.

I want to know why the neighbour did nothing on the first dasy when the dog was being beaten...

I want to know if the photo of boof in chains was as they found him

or recreated for the scene.

Neighbour Gordon Shelton said that after he saw the dog being "jumped on" he waited until the owner went to work, retrieved the animal and called the RSPCA.

I want to know why the neighbour did nothing on the first dasy when the dog was being beaten...

I want to know if the photo of boof in chains was as they found him

or recreated for the scene.

But then it says the next morning was when the RSPCA turned up. Maybe he had to put the dog back when the owner returned home after work.

and who in their right mind and with a backbone would put the dog back to be beaten again?

If the photo was re-created for the press then the inspector or whoever did it should also be charged. Surely to god the neighbour removed the chain and block when he retrieved the dog - surely to god no thinking human being would have just left it as it was - take photos by all means but take the bloody thing off him.

I just hope the RSPCA don;t use him as a poster child to drum up $ then kill him because of temperament or some other excuse......

Edited by Fit for a King

People that do this sort of thing to poor helpless animals need to be shot... How could anyone do it when a dog shows unconditional love 99.99% of the time...(the 00.01% is when they are destroying your favourit possession)

I hope they catch the bastard that did this lock him up and throw away the key..

It makes me soo soo sad and angry to see images like that

its more than likely the RSPCA inspecter took he pic of boof as they found him, not the neighbour. but yeah it dosnt make sence if the neighbour retrieved him???

It says in the article that the neighbour retrieved the dog then phoned the RSPCA, then says the inspector arrived to find the dog with the chain around it's neck. So did the neighbour just retrieve the dog chain and all? :love:

Edited by Sandra777

its more than likely the RSPCA inspecter took he pic of boof as they found him, not the neighbour. but yeah it dosnt make sence if the neighbour retrieved him???

It says in the article that the neighbour retrieved the dog then phoned the RSPCA, then says the inspector arrived to find the dog with the chain around it's neck. So did the neighbour just retrieve the dog chain and all? :love:

Journalists often get things wrong - they just get the bare details and fill in the rest themselves, whether or not it's accurate. My guess is the pic was taken by the neighbour.

:love::confused::rofl: I struggle to read any sort of animal abuse but when you see your own breed being treated like this it can rip your guts out. People like this should be locked away from society. I want to write how much I hate this person, but it wont reverse what has happened to Boof. I hope he is OK and finds a home that will give him the love he deserves.

:rofl: :rofl: :cheer: I struggle to read any sort of animal abuse but when you see your own breed being treated like this it can rip your guts out. People like this should be locked away from society. I want to write how much I hate this person, but it wont reverse what has happened to Boof. I hope he is OK and finds a home that will give him the love he deserves.

I understand where you are coming from, Rocco. The first dogs I had were little Maltese and I learned that they were the in the top five of stolen dogs and then when I became involved in pounds and rescue, I discovered that they (and crosses thereof) were one of the most common dogs in pounds generally in dreadfully matted states.

People who bash dogs and children should be branded.