Wow!

RaafGSD

Hey :eek:

My 7 month old GSD boy has just managed to AMAZE me!!!!!!

About 1 1/2 weeks ago, we welcomed into our home a little ginger kitten boy! Raaf has been wonderful with him... well.... kinda LOL.... He DOES think that the kitten is there purely for his enjoyment and entertainment, but treats the kitten with as much gentleness as a 7 month old GSD boy can muster!!!! The kitten adores him, and will often be sighted trying to snuggle up to a sleeping Raaf to join in with the nap!!

Tonight, Tingle (the kitten) went "missing" in the backyard for the first time. I needed to find him, as it was time to bring him in for the night. I was quite a bit later than usual, so was quite dark at this stage, and there was no way I could even begin to see him!!!! So I started calling for him (knowing full well that he would not respond, but it made me feel better lol). And here is where the amazement began!!!!.... Raaf looked at me with that sheppie stare, tilted his head, (awww so cute) and "yapped" at me, then turned around, and dashed off outside. I could hear him rustling under the bushes, and a few moments later, he returned with the kitten in his mouth, and gently dropped him at my feet!!!! OMG!!!!

I am just sooooo touched and amazed by this display!!! That Raaf focused, listened, and comprehended what it was I was doing, and then found a way to "help".... I am just sooooo proud!!

GOOD BOY RAAFI!!!!

What a good boy!

We had a GSD when I was growing up and lived on an orchard - his favourite activity was chasing rabbits. One day he disappeared into the shrubbery and came out with a tiny stray kitten which he gave to Mum. After that Shade and Sam (kitten) were inseparable and we have pics of Sam curled up on top of Shade's head between the ears.

I probably need to add :eek:.... that, at Tingles age, there is absolutely NO way that he can escape the yard.... fences are all 100% gap-less and 6 ft high, and we have a fully enclosed (sides/floor/roof) undercover enclosure that is about 6m x 3m that is Tingles :D So Tingle really is very safe :laugh:

(SP)

Edited by RaafGSD

Awww what a lovely dog, I had opposite problem years ago dog I had used to take cat if it was inside and put in outside under clothes line in backyard the come back inside :D think he was trying to convey message dog inside cat outside. :eek: thankfully he got over it in time. was quite funny though.

Guest Kate_Summer

How old is your kitten? I had quite a young kitten & used to think the same, to young to escape etc, well next thing we knew she was mauled by the dog of our next door neighbor, she had manage to get on top of our 6 foot fence(climbing it apparently, no other way she could have gotten there) lost her balance & fell on the wrong side of the yard. Don't underestimate kitty :o

Edited by Kate_Summer