Nature's Gift Biogestion 5

LizzyBabe

Was just wondering if anyone has fed their dogs Natures Gift Biogestion 5? It is suppose to be all natural but I noticed it has sucrose in it - not sure how much, and I thought sucrose (sugar) is not good for dogs as it makes them hyper.

Heard lots of people say this was a good dry food so I bought a small bag to have a look.

Wasn't that impressed myself.

Mine has what appears to be nylon fibres in and through the pieces of food and even though they say on the packet the colour is natural it does look kinda fake to me.

I am not convinced at all.

I got told off by one of their demonstrators ... I asked their list of ingredients (proper, not just the old meat, veges, pasta speil on the food) due to allergies and she snipped at me 'well what more do you want me to tell you'

errr the proper ingredient breakdown?

i have just received a reply to an email I sent to Nature's Gift company:

"our Biogestion 5 Dry Food. The Sucrose percentage is under 1% and is very minimal, this is why it is not registered on the panel on the side of the bag. All our products are made from human grade meat products and sourced from local produce.

When you decide to change to our Nature’s Gift canned food, it is best to introduced it you your dog over a period of 2 weeks in small amounts mixed with the current food you are using slowly increasing it till the dog is fully eating Nature’s Gift canned food alone. We recommend this as our canned food does not contain any fillers and is a high protein product which may be a little heavy on the stomach if the dog has been used to another type of food."

I will give the dry food a try and let people know the results.

Heard lots of people say this was a good dry food so I bought a small bag to have a look.

Wasn't that impressed myself.

Mine has what appears to be nylon fibres in and through the pieces of food and even though they say on the packet the colour is natural it does look kinda fake to me.

I am not convinced at all.

That was what I found in the beef packet. It looked like little bits of cut blonde hair. Am reluctant to give it to them. What flavour you had? I bought the chicken fl. to see if it was any different but haven't opened it yet.

I have used the Nature's Gift tinned food for used as an additive to kibble. April used to be allergic to wheat so I started giving her the NG tins with raw chicken wings.

I use this food as treats.

It does seem to have hair and feathers visible in it (At least that's what it looks like to me).

I got the beef and yes it looks like bits of hair. Not game to try the chicken if I will find claws. Think I will stick with what they normally have.