Lure Coursing Qld

Hi, I'm interested in joining the Lure Coursing Club at Kuraby. I did email the club secretary but I haven't recieved a response :(

Is anyone here a member? Could you please tell me when the next meet is and do I just turn up?

Cheers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MY boy did his first full run at Kuraby at the last meeting. You just complete a registration form. Scan the form and a copy of your dogs registration papers (if they are registered) and email it in.

You just turn up on the day and pay. You will be given a number and then basically you wait until your number is called and then they have a run.

How old is your dog? They need to be 6 to 9 months for the puppy runs and over 9 months for the full run.

I should be at the next one (7/2/10) with my little GSD boy ... so come up and introduce yourself :thumbsup:

Edited by Tilly

• 1 month later...

Sorry just saw your post :)

for you and anyone else interested next trial is 28/3/10

You can just turn up on the day and enter a half run to see how your dog goes, then if your dog seems interested you can then enter him/her into a full run

Would love to meet some DOLers if anyone comes :rofl:

I didn't make it to the last 2 runs at Kuraby ... I was really hoping to go on Sunday but ended up heading to Charleville for a couple of days.

Definately was hoping to get to the next one but it clashes with the one being run in Warwick ... so I might head to Warwick for that one and then Kuraby for the next one.

Candycane Would be great if you could make it . Love to meet Candy and you of course

Tilly What a shame the meets are on the same date. They usually are on different dates so people from Brissy can go out to Warrick

we might go give it a try. :rofl:

:rofl:

I would love some borzoi cuddles :D

• 2 weeks later...
we might go give it a try. ;)

How old is Oberon now PM.. I'd be very careful about doing this with a pup.

x2. They do have puppy runs though. Basically 50 to 70m at the end of the run (straight) to give them the feel of chasing the lure. There are also age requirements before they can do full runs. I just can't remember what they are.

I'd love to see some pics of it, and I bet I am not the only one!

th_20090510102059.jpg

CS021088.jpg

puppies aren't allowed to do full runs they just do a very short straight run . I think it is 9 months before they do half runs

Agility Dogs Look forward to seeing your dogs run on Sunday

Edited by MTD

very cute. That's a long course, and one very tired little dog by the end of it. thanks for posting it.

The course ranges from 300-500 metres . It does seem a long way especially for the little ones , which of course can do half runs.

Maggie does tire but there is no way she will give up the chase :) She is ready to go again in a very short time.

Edited by MTD

• 3 weeks later...