Lure Coursing Qld

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must have missed it somewhere but where is the lure coursing held?

Wally Tate Park, Kuraby - there is a map here

It can be a little difficult to find. You basically drive through the car park and then get on a bumpy dirt track. Just follow that up to the gate ... then find a nice place to park (closing the gate behind you) :laugh:

Edited by Tilly

It can be a little difficult to find. You basically drive through the car park and then get on a bumpy dirt track. Just follow that up to the gate ... then find a nice place to park (closing the gate behind you) :laugh:

Thanks, I was trying to figure how far from the Sunshine Coast it would be, will go and look it up on the map :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was trying to figure how far from the Sunshine Coast it would be, will go and look it up on the map :rofl:

Takes me about one and a half to 2 hrs from Noosa hinterland ( that is stopping off for a coffee on the way :laugh: )

Tilly are you coming this Sunday ?

Edited by MTD

sign on is 8.30-9

first are puppy runs which seem to start around 9 am

:laugh: No good, the show starts at the same time. Is there a website where I can see when the next one is on?

list of trial dates

9/5/10

6/6/10

4/7/10

25/7/10

22/8/10 Hope Isl cup ( dogs have to be invited to run )

12/9/10

3/10/10

7/11/10

website for all information is

http://www.qldlurecoursing.com/home.html

It can be a little difficult to find. You basically drive through the car park and then get on a bumpy dirt track. Just follow that up to the gate ... then find a nice place to park (closing the gate behind you) :)

Thanks, I was trying to figure how far from the Sunshine Coast it would be, will go and look it up on the map :D

Takes me about one and a half to 2 hrs from Noosa hinterland ( that is stopping off for a coffee on the way :rofl: )

That is totally do-able, I may try and make one sometime soon ;) Thanks.

We will be there ... the brat is dying for another run.

He has been practicing his high speed recall at the local off-leash area but I know he will have other ideas on the day :):rofl:

Well ... the day was long. Recall wasn't an issue but it was his disgraceful behaviour while he was waiting to run.

Lets just say he doesn't like waiting... and I am sure my arms are longer now then they were this morning.

we might go give it a try. :rofl:

How old is Oberon now PM.. I'd be very careful about doing this with a pup.

x2. They do have puppy runs though. Basically 50 to 70m at the end of the run (straight) to give them the feel of chasing the lure. There are also age requirements before they can do full runs. I just can't remember what they are.

He's now 7 months. I think he'd find 50m to be too short to be honest. We might go to the next one.

Puppies have to be 9 months old before running.

The puppy run is still good for Oberon to have a go and see wether he shows any interest in chasing the lure.

Next trial is 9th may, then on the 16th we are doing a demonstration at Samford million paws walk

hi guys, im interested to get my 2 into lure-coursing. Twilight is 15mths n Bourbon is 10mths..

So for the nxt trial on Sun 9/5, il just have to come at 8.30 n sign on, is that rite?

Any other info is much appreciated!

Edited by tivins

Just turn up at around 8.30 and pay for a puppy run ( $1 or $2 I think ) if your dogs show an interest in chasing and you want them to do a full run you can enter them as a late entry . Late enteries do not get scored

If Twilight and Bourbon enjoy it and you want to continue you can join the club and then enter them into trials .

Edited by MTD

Hmmm might have to see if we can make it along on the 9/5 too.

Had planned to come along some months ago now but the malinut got very sick from his vaccination 2 days beforehand, so no way was I going to let him run :(

• 2 weeks later...