• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

My brat is now Intermediate ... :(

I am hoping he will run tomorrow but he is a bit sore at the moment - he got beaten up by our older dog. Totally un-prevoked but the poor brat ended up with a few holes in the face and some bruising to his shoulder. :rofl:

Tilly :bottom: to your bub, Hope he is feeling better. Congratulations on his intermediate

tivins hope to see you there

Miss Monster you never know until you try :rofl: . I really didn't think Maggie would chase as she is a real sniffer but she does and absolutely loves it .

Edited by MTD

Maggie is now a Field champion :bottom:

Congrats MTD :rofl: How is the Field Champion title gained?

**bump**

reminder : tomorrow is the next trial for all those that want to try it :cheer:

I really want to bring my boy, I think he'd love it, but we have a show tomorrow :rofl:

Might have to aim for the next one!!

:bottom: Miss B .

At each trial a dog is scored on it's enthusiasm, follow, agility, speed and endurance and given a score out of 200 . from this you have to get so many of each score to go through the gradings of Novice, intermediate , open, field champion then Lure Course of Merit ( very difficult to get this one tho ).

Congrats MTD!!

So you have to work through the classes to be a field champion? The beagle club lurecoursing day was on a few weekends ago and our girls did a good job again. But unfortunately we too have a show tomorrow :bottom:

My little puppy did an awesome job too! I can't wait until she's old enough to compete!

Sally got a score of 170 and Leia a score of 169. Not bad for their 3rd time doing it!

My brat definately has the enthusiasm .... :bottom:

He is definately feeling much better today ... he had a play date this afternoon and was running and jumping around like a nutcase so I don't think he will have any problems tomorrow.

At each trial a dog is scored on it's enthusiasm, follow, agility, speed and endurance and given a score out of 200 . from this you have to get so many of each score to go through the gradings of Novice, intermediate , open, field champion then Lure Course of Merit ( very difficult to get this one tho ).

Thanks for the explanation!! :rofl:

Am looking forward to giving it a try.

Erin :eek: Yes they have to go through each stage . 169 and 170 are good scores :)

Next trial 4th July . Unfortunately we wont be there . I will be in Africa :cry: and Mags will be at aunty Judes Holiday Camp

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Qld have a Lure Coursing day on this Saturday 12th at Ipswich. Not sure on all the details yet, but I read that "non-staffords" are allowed. We will be going for the first time...to see if Benson enjoys it or not. The young pups only do 40m, so I'm sure he'll love the chase! Can't wait :hug:

• 1 month later...