• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All things going to plan maggie and I will be there

;) pixie_meg will look out for you , Have never cuddled a Borzoi :rofl:

Maggie got her invitation but I didn't enter her . 2 runs 10 minutes apart would just be too much for her . It takes her a good hour to get over just one run. She can have a fun run :D she want know the difference

post-12180-1282288895_thumb.jpg

Edited by MTD

My little brat got his invitation ... and I have entered him.

Not sure how he will go as he is used to a big rest in between races but hopefully it will tire him out :champagne:

Hopefully I can get his "vet check" done well away from the gate otherwise they will think he is having a mental breakdown ...

My little brat had 2 excellent runs.

He was in fine form with the vet (OMG the carry one!!!!) and then the carry one reached new heights on the way to the course. Thankfully all the staff understand his behaviour and left it to the last minute to call us to the gate ... so the crying and vocalising was kept to a minimum (didn't want to scare off any first timers :( ).

During the vet checks his heartrate was 160 during his initial check and reached 194 after his second run!!!!

Edited by Tilly

My little brat had 2 excellent runs.

He was in fine form with the vet (OMG the carry one!!!!) and then the carry one reached new heights on the way to the course. Thankfully all the staff understand his behaviour and left it to the last minute to call us to the gate ... so the crying and vocalising was kept to a minimum (didn't want to scare off any first timers :( ).

During the vet checks his heartrate was 160 during his initial check and reached 194 after his second run!!!!

Tour dog was so intense. I thought that may have been you. He was awesome, certainly loves the chase.

Oberon had a great day doing his first run. He did really well on his first run but on his second couldn't be bothered it seemed. it was a long day. We're being encouraged to bring him back.

" little brat " did very well :thanks: Congrats to him for getting though the 2 runs . What is his name ?

great to meet you pixie _ meg . Watched both Oberon's runs. Give him another go as it was quite a long run and he is still young . Some dogs take to it straight away some can't be bothered but after a few goes realise what its all about and go for it.

The little brat is called lots of things (most can't be repeated in public) :rofl: ... but he is also called "Kaine". :D

I did go a ask what his score was (just out of curiosity) ... and he came in second place.

pixie_meg - "so intense" ... is a nice way to describe his nutty behaviour :thanks::laugh:

:laugh: to second place.

what group was kaine in ? was it the shanett trophey ? if so he beat some awsome luring dogs ;)

Kaine is a GSD so he was competing for the Shanett Trophy ... I was shocked to find out he did so well as really he is still rather young.

I don't really understand the whole "Lure Coursing" thing - we just go because it is something for him to do and he seems to enjoy it so much.

He would probably do a lot better if he didn't waste so much energy just getting out to the course :D

:laugh: That trophey was for all other dogs ( not a hound , terrier or unregistred ) so he did very well .

I have the same problem with Maggie she gets so excited that she is huffing and puffing before she runs.

At least they have fun , that is the most important thing

Miss Monster Is that at Kuraby ? if so we will be there

Kit Kat next trial is also on the 12 September :D

Edited by MTD