Just After Some Advise Please

jess live die

i have been reading up on what they call puppy check lists * i want to buy up slowly everything i need for my pup when he comes home*

and i was reading some information on bedding and was wondering if i should buy a basket bed or make him one like a very thick quilt type thing or just buy a flat puppy bed.

we had a cage for my dads dog and he put a flat puppy bed in and she hated it now if its in her cage she just pulls it out then ges to sleep in the cage without it.

I got a puppy bed for Luuka from my BT Thread SS this year and she won't sleep in it, she likes to sleep on her tummy on the hardwood floors that's all. She will lie in it to chew things sometimes though. You can buy the schmanciest bed ever and she may only want to sleep on the floor or on an old towel so I wouldn't stress too much.

Also for something that's so far away you sure do have an exact date! :D

I got a puppy bed for Luuka from my BT Thread SS this year and she won't sleep in it, she likes to sleep on her tummy on the hardwood floors that's all. She will lie in it to chew things sometimes though. You can buy the schmanciest bed ever and she may only want to sleep on the floor or on an old towel so I wouldn't stress too much.

yes its to help me try lol to control my excitement i estimated it should be around that time but im hoping it will be earlier hehe :)

yes its to help me try lol to control my excitement i estimated it should be around that time but im hoping it will be earlier hehe :)

I know exactly what you mean, it was a really unexpectedly short time between when I decided I wanted a lappie until I found out a puppy was available from a breeder I really liked :) But it was a couple of months still, and it seemed like forever, and I wanted to be as prepared as possible as well.

Are you getting your puppy locally?

I know exactly what you mean, it was a really unexpectedly short time between when I decided I wanted a lappie until I found out a puppy was available from a breeder I really liked :) But it was a couple of months still, and it seemed like forever, and I wanted to be as prepared as possible as well.

Are you getting your puppy locally?

the breeder is about an hour away from me so not to far its quite funny tho when i was talking to her for the 1st phone call and i found out her mum lives a few streets away hehe

That's really cool :D

The one thing I found helpful was finding out what the breeder was going to be feeding (in my case, ProPlan puppy for dry) and stock up on it, especially if it's kind of expensive. Decide on a toilet training routine and stick to it. Find out about puppy preschool in your area, maybe start getting recommendations if there's more than one. Start collecting toys and things for her to chew, I did this and am still exhausting my supply, luckily too because OH accidentally ran over a couple of her soft toys that were hidden in the long grass last week with the mower!

Edited by FranCQ

That's really cool :D

The one thing I found helpful was finding out what the breeder was going to be feeding (in my case, ProPlan puppy for dry) and stock up on it, especially if it's kind of expensive. Decide on a toilet training routine and stick to it. Find out about puppy preschool in your area, maybe start getting recommendations if there's more than one. Start collecting toys and things for her to chew, I did this and am still exhausting my supply, luckily too because OH accidentally ran over a couple of her soft toys that were hidden in the long grass last week!

thats a great idea thanks so much i think everyone around me is getting sick of talking about it heheh poor family i just cant hold it in

For bedding, I buy polar fleece from Spotlight and put that in the crate. About $5/metre

Young pups may still have accidents in a crate, and the polar fleece is easily washed and dryed. By the time the spin cycle is finished, the polar fleece is nearly dry and can be re-used fairly quickly.

Yep I'm another with polar fleece. I have a flat mat in the crate then a few pieces of polar fleece, it's easily washed, and my dogs can dig and scratch it to make it how they want it. If they're hot, they push it to the side, if it's cold, they bury into it.

Don't buy the cane basket beds, not safe they can chew them.

I like the big plastic kidney shaped ones. Shopping around I found the same sized beds at $15 & at $75. The dog doesn't care what brand it is.

In the heatwave 2 years ago I found some king & queen sized mink blankets on clearance $30 each at K Mart. Grabbed 4 & used them as couch covers for a while until fed up of them.

Cut them up for the dogs. Great, don't fray so no sewing & dry quick too. Cheaper than fabric.

My puppy sleeps in a crate by my bed - I put a fleece blanket in it but she didn't like it (also bit hot just now here for that!) Then I put in a towel but she pushes it to the side and sleeps on the bare base of the crate! You haven't mentioned if you are using a crate but I highly recommend it.