Towels

Hi,

I don't know if there's anyone here that can help me, but as I've said before, I'm trying to start up my own mobile hydrobath business. But I've come to a halt - I don't know where to buy towels I can use to dry the dogs. I don't want to outlay a HUGE amount on NEW towels, but not sure where to buy them from. I'd actually prefer to buy old towels to start with, but wanted them all to be the same colour. Do Motels and Caravan parks sell their old towels when they are past their "human" used-by-date? If not, does anyone know somewhere in Australia that sells them, that I could get them shipped here?

WithEverythingIAm

You could try checking out Vinnies/Salvos for old towels and don't forget to ask rellies and friends.

Asking motels is a really good idea! I'd just give a few a call -- both big chains and the smaller ones.

I've started using a moisture magnet/like the car drying things that I won't attempt to spell (chamois??) they work really well too.

edit: do you have a color that ties in with your business scheme? I think most motels would use white.....

Edited by Vehs

I would also suggest Vinnies / Salvos ,and phoning some of the Motels near you and asking them ... Do you have any "Towel" Factories / outlets up near you ?

Dri - Glo used to have once a month "seconds" sales down here straight from the factory..

Also With the sales on Now you may be able to pick up some cheapies :cry:

Do you have/will you have one of those blowers? They help immensely to dry the dogs (especially heavy coated dogs) and means you don't have to use as many towels. The groomer I worked for had one - they are great! I borrowed it once to give my GSD a bath and it lowered drying time a lot.

Hi Lia,

No I won't have enough money for a dryer till the business starts making a profit - I have to spend most of the start up money on the twin tank hydrobath, and also the trailer which it will be built in. Expensive enough for just those, so that's why I wanted to keep the price of the towels down. I was thinking of having Purple/yellow/white as the business colours, so the white towels that the motels have would be OK for now. I wouldn't dye them, as I'd be afraid that they dye would run, and I'd turn a maltese purple or something bad like that - would be just my luck :cry: I was thinking of going to the op-shops, but wanted to keep the towels all the same colour/size, so will have to contact the motels like others have said. Thanks for the help, and if you have any other tips, please feel free to give them - I'm all ears (or is that "eyes" on the 'net?)

-WithEverythingIAm

We run a grooming business & to be honest no one cares what colour your towels are,given how dirty they get & how quickly the get ruined any towel will do.

As to hydrobaths wouldnt use a twin tank in a pink fit but in perth you can buy a hydrobath with built in dryer

Showdog, OT here, I have just gotten a Hydrobath for my doggies and it is fantastic, saves my back and I can do 6 dogs in an hour! It is a single tank with heater. Can I please ask: Why wouldn't you use a twin tank Hydrobath?

Edited by holly

Good question Holly. I'd also like to know why not to use a twin tank hydro. If it saves time draining and then refilling the single tank models, when you could be using that precious time to bath another dog waiting in the wings, and you get double the amount of dogs done in that time frame, then why not spend a bit more money on a twin tank? Well that's my theory, but I'd still like to find out your opinion showdog.

-WithEverythingIAm

lol, when I started up and was using towels, I had blue and yellow ones - looked pretty snazzy...for about two months, rofl. Plus the coloured ones didnt show stains. :cry:

I have given up on wearing white T's if I am doing anything with the dogs, the darker the colour the better too.

Blue and yellow towels, would look snazzy together, I would have mine Hydrobathed by you Dru, just for the look of those towels :cry:

Because twin tanks hold less water ,they are more hassle & the concept doesnt always work.

When it comes to hydrobathing you will learn very quickly that time isnt a factor.

Our hydrobath has doors both ends(old one didnt) this is much easier on dogs that are to big or to elderly to turn around with out injury risk, or when the bath is in a confined area where space is a little smaller for the dog to get out,90% of dogs dont just jump in & the ones that do often are very reluctant to turn around & come out,when equating to time it can take longer to get 1 dog in/out a hydrobath than change the water.

The most important thing in a hydrobath is is it user friendly, is it dog friendly & will it be easier on my back than another model type,many hydrobaths are 1 style fits all but are often not as comfy to use.

Our old one had 1 door & no cut in ,our current 1 has 2 doors & a cut in for when you get smaller dogs or dogs that are very frantic you can get a better grip,even though we have anchor points a dog that hates the bath will try to get out no matter what

I will be honest & say the etxra you paid for twin tub would have been better spent on a dryer as this is the one thing that saves time & impresses clients when the bathed dog can be dryed aswell(can charge etxra)

Edited by showdog

I use the moisture magnets too.

They are so much better than ordinary towels- they soak up much more water in a quicker space of time, and you can use them over and over- just wring them out!!

Also if they get a bit grubby it's possible to give them a hose and wring out in between jobs.

You'd be much better off buying 5-10 of these moisture magnets, if you have a busy day, I used to work in a boarding kennel & all dogs were bathed on the way out, takes 2 towels to dry off a med-large dog.

Also you can buy the same material directly from some companies in a large amount, and cut them down to size. :cry:

Mel.