What Colour Would U Call This Apbt

N@Dog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

curious, maybe its my computer but to me his nose is blue, if so hes a very dark blue sable. ie gold undercoat with heavy blue ticking. i have a blue chihuahua just as dark as him. same eyecolour too.

uggghhh god the look of cropped ears gives me the heebie jeebies.

Not sure what i'd call the colour, it's lovely. That's not what a true APBT should look like though, much too chunky. nice looking dog anyways.

Good to see more people with an opinion on what an APBT should look like...

Nice to know the RSPCA and Councils have backup...

uggghhh god the look of cropped ears gives me the heebie jeebies.

Not sure what i'd call the colour, it's lovely. That's not what a true APBT should look like though, much too chunky. nice looking dog anyways.

You have a TRUE APBT??

You know what they look like???

hahahaha,,,a true APBT can look like anything,,,,much like a true rotty or terrier..

Can you tell me what a true ABPT looks like....I need to know

Woooahh..... calm down. No, the RSPCA don't have a supporter, I happen to be very vocal about my love for pitties.

My comment was because it looks much more like an AM staff than an APBT. APBT have always been smaller and finer (less chunky) than the AM staffs. I'm aware that there is no official breed standard and that there is great variation, but TO ME that dog looks much more like an AM staff than a APBT.

No need to get your knickers in a twist and reply twice to the same post attacking me.

is it a APBT or a CC ?

APBT - this is his page: Diablo

yep thats him ;)

I must be a bad person cause I love the look of his ears :flame: Not that I would ever do it or condone it, but gosh he is so beautiful and I think his cropped ears just enhance his handsome face. Ohh and gorgeous colour too :)

i dont mind it, it does look good one some dogs, like doberman pinchners and few others but, if ear cropping were legal here in AUS and i could get it done to my Amstaff (if i had one, this is a hypothetic situation) i probley wouldnt, the history (correct me if im wrong :S ) is they cropped them so other dogs in the fighting ring could not bight them off (causing the dog pain and probley loose) as this is no longer a problem i dont see how there is much pointm other than tradition and show ring reason's, i dont see why people should crop Amstaff and APBT ears, each to there own i guess, BUT some do look gourgeous like this guy, no doubt...... his a stunner!

post-31470-1263955806_thumb.jpg

I like cropped ears more then that stupidly oversized prong most pitties wear N@dog :) If I could own a cropped dog I would, might import

Can ya Import Cropped Amstaff Into Australia? ^o)

at what age (minimum age) can a dog get there ears cropped?

and im taking it a prong is that massive collar thing that red APBT (the one i put up) is wearing? it is quit huge, id never put on on my dog :S

Same colour as my sons Amstaff and he is Seal.

First impression is he's black but in sunlight or strong light you can see the dark red/liver colour.

He was only a bubby here, now there's some funky ears for you :laugh:

PA030003-1-1.jpgPA030013-1-1.jpg

Approx 2 years, still has the one up and one down ears :rofl:

CHOPPY006.jpgCHOPPY011.jpg

Caz :p

N@Dog you can import cropped dogs, what age you can import depending on the country, paperwork, quarentine etc so speak to Customs/AQIS.

Most cropping is done at 8-12 weeks of age when the ear is strong enough to hold the shape (with some help) there is more to cropping then just whacking off an ear. Bit of an art and I dont have an issue with it.

and im taking it a prong is that massive collar thing that red APBT (the one i put up) is wearing? it is quit huge, id never put on on my dog

Oh there;s nothing wrong with prongs, it just seems to be a fashion to put a hideously oversized one around your pitbulls neck ... first it was truck chains and padlocks now this :laugh: why do some owners have to be such bogans