Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Oh, I have seen them from time to time offer a couple of different locations for classes, but they're all over the same way I believe. Hahaha, I liked the website too! Yup, hopefully after an Akita. Will eventually be a lot bigger than your Val, but I think they could still play nicely together, especially if they meet as pups etc. I have two cats at home, so my pup will have to get used to being bossed around by smaller animals! :thumbsup:

Hugo will have to make up for his tinyness by being big in spirit.. or something :eek: ! Are you looking for a male or female Akita? Know what you're gonna call it? I swear I had Hugo's name picked out before I even knew I'd get a dog! :thumbsup: Cats can look after themselves alright, we have chickens here and I'm worried how the dog will take to being bossed around by half a dozen hens! Maybe I can teach it to herd them... would sure make it easier to shoo them into the coop at the end of the day :D

Oooh, chickens, fun! I love Vallhund's cute little legs :thumbsup: We'd like a female Akita, but I have absolutely no idea what to call her! At first I was thinking about something that ends with a "ka" sound as our two cats are Mika and Oscar so I thought we could have a theme. But that restricts it a fair bit! I had really liked the name Nova, but OH says it reminds him too much of the radio station lol.

The Vall is a pudgy-looking thing isn't it? XD At least it would be level with our chickens!

Nova is a nice name but the first thing that comes to mind for me is the radio station too lol. Maybe something similar to Nova then, like.. Nuna or Nina or Kova or something along those lines :thumbsup: You gotta be comfortable with the name haha, you're gonna be calling it that for hopefully more than 15 years! :D

Oooh, chickens, fun! I love Vallhund's cute little legs :cheer: We'd like a female Akita, but I have absolutely no idea what to call her! At first I was thinking about something that ends with a "ka" sound as our two cats are Mika and Oscar so I thought we could have a theme. But that restricts it a fair bit! I had really liked the name Nova, but OH says it reminds him too much of the radio station lol.

hey come into the spitz thread there is a few akita owners on there they might be able to help you find a breeder

Oooh, chickens, fun! I love Vallhund's cute little legs :thumbsup: We'd like a female Akita, but I have absolutely no idea what to call her! At first I was thinking about something that ends with a "ka" sound as our two cats are Mika and Oscar so I thought we could have a theme. But that restricts it a fair bit! I had really liked the name Nova, but OH says it reminds him too much of the radio station lol.

hey come into the spitz thread there is a few akita owners on there they might be able to help you find a breeder

Hey thanks Dogluva, I have tried there and the Akita thread but no luck unfortunately. I had an email a week ago from a breeder saying they were going to be mating soon, but I haven't had a reply yet as to whether I can be put on a waiting list. I'll give them a call on the weekend if I haven't heard back - in case they would prefer phone communication over email.

3.5 loooong weeks to go for me. It's getting so close now...yet is soooo far away.

Don't think I havent thought about requesting a medically induced coma!

Been busy sewing bedding and blankets etc over the last week, thats helped time go by....I think I have visited

most pet stores in a 100km radius, looking at/for supplies and toys etc.

3.5 loooong weeks to go for me. It's getting so close now...yet is soooo far away.

Don't think I havent thought about requesting a medically induced coma!

Been busy sewing bedding and blankets etc over the last week, thats helped time go by....I think I have visited

most pet stores in a 100km radius, looking at/for supplies and toys etc.

Haha, glad I'm not the only one who does that! I've been looking at the RSPCA world for pets online store constantly, always updating to my cart to include more and more stuff to spoil my future pup! Now if only I could find the right dog bed! :laugh:

Spitzbaby how adorable!!!! I cant stand the waiting and i have ages to wait yet :laugh:

Spitzbaby how is he going at night? i bet he has you wrapped around his paw lol

thanks :( I know the wait is such a torture.. I had the funny stomach feeling for agess...

He is not that bad at night actually.. He needs to go every 2 hours though and since he came I have been recording the time when he needs to do number 2.

So far he's been ok :(

what breed is your puppy, puppy love? :cheer:

He is so cute Spitzbaby! I bet he is well worth your patient wait. How exciting for you. :laugh:

Edited to ask: Are you waking him to take him out during the night? Or does he wake you when he needs to go?

Edited by Naomi