Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

They are gorgeous doggeek - your boys are very cute too :whee: It must be lovely to have them safe and sound in Australia.

I got some good news today - I am getting a puppy! The pups are now 6 weeks old which means I may have my girl home with me in only 2 weeks time, and I will get to visit them some time in the next week or so. So excited!

I'm so excited, we just got an email saying we have been approved to buy our next puppy. Our breeders are bringing him over personally, so we get to meet them :whee:

They still need confirm dates etc but should be in the next couple of weeks, I hope

I have read this thread with envy for so long, now I get to join in YAY

dog-geek - gorgeous I am sure you cant wait until they are out of there!

atua- the mum is beautiful! good luck!

jrm88- wow I remember waiting forever! It seems like theres never enough pictures as they grow!

parrotpea- congrats! I am glad it has been confirmed. :)

and even better news Hollys Mum and LoveLea.

One more sleep then off to get Echo at 10am at the airport. Went to get all his food today so we are now prepared!!

I don't think I've posted in here yet.

We pick up our new Golden Retriever on Thursday, so only 2 more sleeps...yay! :rofl:

We're busy setting up playpens and a crate.

Getting food and toys organzied etc.

Gidg that's very exciting, I hope you get some sleep over the next couple of nights, because you will need a little store of that for the first couple of weeks. Cute baby, little boy or girl? Have you a name picked out as yet?

Hey guys,

My breeder just emailed me two days ago to say that she have a show potential puppy ready for me in 2-3 weeks time. Previously, I had to wait until June for the next litter.

Anyway, the breeder emailed me today with the receipt outlining what I need to pay including the cost breakdown.

I noticed that I will be charged for boarding the pup from yesterday until I am ready to pick them up (which is two weeks after the pup is ready to go to his new home). Is that a normal practice?

My understanding is that I should be charged for when the pup is ready to be sent to his new home until I can come and collect them. Am I correct?

I just want to run it through you guys before I speak to the breeder today.

I think it is normal for some breeders.

For my first dog Echo I think if I had not picked her up when the breeder said I would have to pay boarding.

For my second dog Alera she stayed at the breeders until she was 10 weeks old but they did not charge me any extra money for her.

Shopping for puppy stuff is lots of fun. It's addictive though. Every time we take Kyojin to the hydrobath to wash him, we come home with at least 4-5 more things :rofl:

We still do too. OH keeps saying that Akira doesn't need any more toys, but now I keep saying "But these ones are for Halo!" :rofl:

Hey guys,

My breeder just emailed me two days ago to say that she have a show potential puppy ready for me in 2-3 weeks time. Previously, I had to wait until June for the next litter.

Anyway, the breeder emailed me today with the receipt outlining what I need to pay including the cost breakdown.

I noticed that I will be charged for boarding the pup from yesterday until I am ready to pick them up (which is two weeks after the pup is ready to go to his new home). Is that a normal practice?

My understanding is that I should be charged for when the pup is ready to be sent to his new home until I can come and collect them. Am I correct?

I just want to run it through you guys before I speak to the breeder today.

Look its not unusual. If you don't pick up the pup when its ready to go because YOU aren't ready, I get it. However it sounds like in this instance the pup has been 'sprung' on you so to speak, otherwise you would be waiting until June right? In that situation personally if I were a breeder (which I'm not) then I think its a little unfair to then lump you with the extra charges.

But your general assessment sounds right, if the breeder normally sends them to their new homes at 8 weeks and you aren't picking up until 10 weeks, then its two weeks boarding you pay.

Look its not unusual. If you don't pick up the pup when its ready to go because YOU aren't ready, I get it. However it sounds like in this instance the pup has been 'sprung' on you so to speak, otherwise you would be waiting until June right? In that situation personally if I were a breeder (which I'm not) then I think its a little unfair to then lump you with the extra charges.

But your general assessment sounds right, if the breeder normally sends them to their new homes at 8 weeks and you aren't picking up until 10 weeks, then its two weeks boarding you pay.

Thanks SmoothieGirl. I thought so too. I will speak to the breeder today.

I am so excited. I need to start getting everything ready for the puppy. :eek::)

Echo is now home! and boy does he chuck a tantrum when locked in his pen, thankfully he has settled down now, but he was an out right little s**t at the start, barking, growling, screaming, howling and biting at the barrier, made me feel like some evil witch lol. I have also left him outside for 3 hrs on his own today with regular checks and game time as next week he will be outside while we go to work so I wanted to be sure he was ok with it.

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

WA - that's great news - hope you can get some pics! :cheer:

HOllysmummy, LL and gidg - Congratulations - how exciting!

Aww Kylie - he is gorgeous!! What a stunner - and he sounds like a real little character too :o

Congratulations dilemmax - good luck getting everything ready for your puppy. have you got much more to organise?

MInxy and WA - if my OH knew how much I have already spent on puppy stuff :shrug: