Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Thanks Esky and Buddy1, I think I am going to look elsewhere - I think the breeder is a lovely person but I don't really want to share my first dog; nor do I want to deal with any dramas that may or may not arise. As it is, if I wait a little longer, I'll be able to properly spoil my pup rather than focusing on his needs like being able to afford vaccinations. If I wait, I can do both ;) However, I will keep hanging around this thread - there may be a litter with my name on it being born at the end of September :D

EDITED: for sentence structure - haven't had my morning coffee yet

Sounds like that is a good decision. I too would not want to share my dog ;)

Hi All,

A breeder said she would let me know when her dog is in whelp... is that pregnant or about to give birth?

That should mean giving birth.

Thanks i was a little confused after looking the term up, i guess i will sit tight until i hear :)

Hi All,

A breeder said she would let me know when her dog is in whelp... is that pregnant or about to give birth?

Thanks i was a little confused after looking the term up, i guess i will sit tight until i hear :)

Well, I thought so since it's called a whelping box etc. But I see people use the term all the time for both pregnant and giving birth so I'm not sure :shrug: Now that I think more, from what your breeder has said they probably mean pregnant so then you can go on a waiting list etc. Maybe? :laugh:

Hi All,

Well, I thought so since it's called a whelping box etc. But I see people use the term all the time for both pregnant and giving birth so I'm not sure :shrug: Now that I think more, from what your breeder has said they probably mean pregnant so then you can go on a waiting list etc. Maybe? :laugh:

Being in Whelp means pregnant, whelping is having the litter.

Hi all, just wanted to post this as I was absolutely stunned when I heard this... we picked up our newf puppy almost 2 weeks ago and yesterday dropped in to visit the breeder, she sent one of my pups litter sibling interstate on Monday and by Tuesday the new owner (after having the pup for 12 hours) was on the phone to her and is sending the pup back because she can't deal with the pups crying!!!! Anybody else as stunned as me!!!

I am gobsmacked, we have had our Newf for eight days now and he is four months old so 24 kilos of monster. I wouldnt dream of sending him back, my hubby just hit the nail on the head he said if they are prepared to do that the dog is better off finding another home.

Damn right that Newfy is better off without those idiots!! maybe I should get him and screw waiting for the next few years....mmmmmmm...

Go for it :thumbsup:

Your really tempting me!! They probably have another home waiting for him. Is this Krystal cove?

Damn right that Newfy is better off without those idiots!! maybe I should get him and screw waiting for the next few years....mmmmmmm...

Go for it :thumbsup:

Your really tempting me!! They probably have another home waiting for him. Is this Krystal cove?

I am pretty sure it is, why dont you give them a call they may of had other people on there waiting list so it could already be spoken for.

Edited by mish13

Contacted by a breeder today - who I emailed a couple of days ago and she has a little girl ready to go! :D She's selling for quite cheap compared to some and willing to let her come from NSW. If she's happy with me, I'll have a puppy in two weeks! :cheer: I'm glad I turned down the other pup now - this will probably be a lot better for me. Though now I have to figure out some girl names to call her.

First night home:

Wilbur was picked up from the airport at 4:05pm. He was very subdued and shy. We took him out of his crate immediately and then sat in the back of my hatchback and played with him for about half an hour til we picked my OH up at the regular terminal. As we were sitting at lights a short distance from the airport at 3:34pm Wilbur's plane flew nearly directly over us :laugh:

Silly me when we got home put him down for a second and he had his first wee...no biggy. Since then he's had two poos outside and numerous wees outside. He's had two half meals and had lots of cuddles and sleeps on us. For the past three hours he's been asleep in his bed surrounded by toys.

6035237724_6258979fc2.jpg

6034683623_9c28c6d09f.jpg

6034683265_5bbbd108b7.jpg

He's gorgeous and has us all won our hearts! He's barely whinged...only in the first hour. The rest of the time he's been very happy; granted he's sitting between us all in his bed on the floor or on our laps :laugh:

I'm not sure how he'll go tonight with all this early sleeping, but whatever happens we're prepared for crying. I think (hope) as long as he knows we're near he won't fuss at all. I'll set the alarm for hourly wake up alarms for loo breaks.

Pics are from my iPhone so not the best quality; better tomorrow with the dslr (battery is charging atm).

Hope all the other 'first nighters' are doing as well as we are (so far) :crossfingers: