Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hi everyone,

My puppy hasn't even been born yet - she's due in two weeks. She will be a black Labrador (blacks are my favourite).

Does anyone know of any good dog name websites?

I love Texan cowgirl and southern belle names like Emmylou, Scarlet and Clementine...are three syllable names too long?

Edited by littlesquashyguys

I now understand. Unusual that your allergy dog got cancer, usually the over active immune system prevents cancer - so i have been told

Havent heard that before, but yeah who knows. She had the worst bee alleric reactions her head used to double size and she could barely breathe or swallow, had a few very close calls. But yeah very unfortuantly lost her to cancer in July. She was very, very special.

How do you think Mason is going to react to Gibbs? Is Mason very jealous?

Hi everyone,

My puppy hasn't even been born yet - she's due in two weeks. She will be a black Labrador (blacks are my favourite).

Does anyone know of any good dog name websites?

I love Texan cowgirl and southern belle names like Emmylou, Scarlet and Clementine...are three syllable names too long?

my rule of thumb for our dogs has always been to have two syllable names (for easy calling); but it' purely personal choice. :) I like your name choices thus far Clementine shortens to Clemmy really well and Scarlet is a nice easy name to call out.

I now understand. Unusual that your allergy dog got cancer, usually the over active immune system prevents cancer - so i have been told

Havent heard that before, but yeah who knows. She had the worst bee alleric reactions her head used to double size and she could barely breathe or swallow, had a few very close calls. But yeah very unfortuantly lost her to cancer in July. She was very, very special.

How do you think Mason is going to react to Gibbs? Is Mason very jealous?

Mason will love having a buddy, we had a friends dog stay for 2,5 weeks and he loved it :) He may be a bit jelous at first but he will get over it, his way of showing jelous is that he sulks.

Mason is allergic to pollens of all kinds ( tree, weed and grass), insects, house dust mites, storage mites, wheat, soy, corn, rice ( any grains really) poultry, beef. He is on immunotherapy for 3 years to try desensitize him

My vet told me dogs who are highly allergic to all sorts of things rarely get cancer.

How exciting!! Heading closer and closer to your pick up dates!!

Unfortunately I found that many breeders did not respond to emails :( I then phoned them after 4 weeks or so and they proceeded to tell me they prefer to be contacted via email......

What are you looking at getting?

Japanese Spitz. I only like two breeds! (Japanese Spitz and Samoyeds)

Ow finally I have found a thread where I can go nuts !! (still getting used to this site and navigating embarrass.gif)

I finally found a breeder that I like, and his past litter were adorable, pups are currently 1 week old and I just heard they have started to get their spots and put on some weight, I was so excited all I could think about last night was kible and freeze dried liver (odd I know), I feel like im being a little tooo fan girl over this but i haven't been this excited for a long time!!!.shhh.gif

Edited by Misschief

What breed is your pup misschief? Dalmatian?

Hope the wait for him/her goes quick for you. I feel like I've been waiting forever. 2 weeks and 2 days until I pick up my English cocker, Jarvis. Am all organised now, just waiting waiting waiting!

What breed is your pup misschief? Dalmatian?

Hope the wait for him/her goes quick for you. I feel like I've been waiting forever. 2 weeks and 2 days until I pick up my English cocker, Jarvis. Am all organised now, just waiting waiting waiting!

Yeap his a Dal, :) I havent been able to sleep, 8 weeks till I can pick him up, next week ill be getting some updated photos as they start to get chubby.

At the moment Im just trying to do as much reading as I can, I want to be prepared iv had 2 Dalmatians in the past (as a kid) and I know our last one was an absolute cannon ball just because my parents are wog and dont really understand the value of "training" a pup lol.

Thank you k9angel. The whole litter died during the c section and so did the bitch. They have been sent off for autopsy as there was nothing during the pregnancy that indicated anything was wrong, even the late stage prog testing was as it had been previously. I feel so sorry for the breeder. She is devestated.

Thank you k9angel. The whole litter died during the c section and so did the bitch. They have been sent off for autopsy as there was nothing during the pregnancy that indicated anything was wrong, even the late stage prog testing was as it had been previously. I feel so sorry for the breeder. She is devestated.

OMG how terrible. :(

R.I.P. to poor Mum and bubs. :rainbowbridge:

My thoughts are with you and the breeder. So sad.

Was it her first litter? her first time under anaesthetic? I wonder if she had a reaction to it? I hope the breeder gets answers. That would be so heartbreaking.

My puppy was born but died. :(

So sorry Ams. :hug:

How heartbreaking.

R.I.P. little one. :rainbowbridge:

im sorry that happened to me as well that's how i ended up with Zorro ( he was suppose to be a girl but im not going to tell him that) :grouphug: so sorry it's so sad when that happens my thoughts are with you