Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Summerside I wouldn't take everything in the Ian Dunbar books as gospel.

They freaked me out a bit too, I was so neurotic after reading them. :laugh:

Every book tells you something different, I love reading as much as I can and trying the bits that make sense to me/ make me feel comfortable.

So jealous of all the pups in here. I'm soooo clucky at the moment

Mary from Noonbarra has been in touch. Pups are born, now just have to wait to find out which girl is mine and then pick her up mid august! So excited!!

How exciting! Sounds like we'll be getting our puppies around the same time. Has time slowed down for you yet? lol

SJP - Indeed it has! I've been waiting to find out which litter I will be getting a pup from for a while, but now that I know, it's painful! I'm pretty good at waiting, but I've wanted my own dog since I left home 12 years ago and now that it's just around the corner, it still feels like forever. Oh well, it will happen soon enough.

This will be 'my' first puppy too, every other dog has been a family one. All I can say is don't stress, trust yourself, and enjoy the puppy phase because it goes soooo fast! I'm sure you'll be fine with your new little one :D

Thanks sjp, I think I'll relax once we pick her up and she comes home :)

Summerside I wouldn't take everything in the Ian Dunbar books as gospel.

They freaked me out a bit too, I was so neurotic after reading them. :laugh:

Every book tells you something different, I love reading as much as I can and trying the bits that make sense to me/ make me feel comfortable.

Very sensible advice Esky, thank you. I know what you mean about every book telling you something different, I'll just have to trust myself as sjp said and go from there :)

Summerside...she is very, very cute!

:thumbsup: we think so too, thank you :)

Mary from Noonbarra has been in touch. Pups are born, now just have to wait to find out which girl is mine and then pick her up mid august! So excited!!

Congrats! So exciting for you :D

Not long until I get my girl :D pups will be 8 weeks on the 21st so excited!!

We're picking up our pup on the 20th so we'll be going through the puppy phase together krystal&coco :thumbsup:

We can trade photos of destruction :laugh:

Is it normal to be a little nervous now? I've been reading Ian Dunbar's books and I'm getting scared I'll bugger up a perfectly good puppy! This'll be the first puppy we've raised and while the info he gives is great, he makes everything seem so critically important and missing something will result in an unruly and uncontrollable pet :eek: Sorry, overreacting but just want to make sure we try to do things right :)

I think he goes WAY over the top! If the parents are of sound temperaments, then they'd need less then a quarter of what he goes on about. I sometimes think these people who spend all day with problem dogs forget that there are normal dogs out there who can cope with change and meeting people and new things without flooding them with everything in the first few months.

Guest _MADCAT_

Well my partner and I have a Bullmastiff, Great Dane x, Ragdoll and a Bengal cat... in two weeks we are adding DORA to our family... a gorgeous red bullmastiff <3

jossies1.jpg

83314405.jpg

67083460.jpg

Hi....I`m new to this forum, but am going to be getting a Lagotto puppy at the end of August. He is only 2 weeks old at the moment and this is the first time I have had had a puppy since living at home as a child (which is a very long time ago,) so this is a very exciting and nervous time for me as I`m new to all this.

I will be watching this thread with lots of interest.

Tracey

Hi....I`m new to this forum, but am going to be getting a Lagotto puppy at the end of August. He is only 2 weeks old at the moment and this is the first time I have had had a puppy since living at home as a child (which is a very long time ago,) so this is a very exciting and nervous time for me as I`m new to all this.

I will be watching this thread with lots of interest.

Tracey

:welcome:

Must be a very exciting time for you!

MADCAT - Dora is gorgeous! She looks so cuddly :thumbsup:

Hilton's - Hi and Congrats on your new pup :happydance: I have to admit I wasn't sure what a Lagotto looked like :o so looked them up and OMG they are gorgeous!!!! Please post pics when you can :love:

I think he goes WAY over the top! If the parents are of sound temperaments, then they'd need less then a quarter of what he goes on about. I sometimes think these people who spend all day with problem dogs forget that there are normal dogs out there who can cope with change and meeting people and new things without flooding them with everything in the first few months.

Thanks becks, glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks some things he suggests are a little extreme :thumbsup:

I got to visit Rogue's litter last week so here are some new pics of my little Rascal :laugh: It was so much fun playing with all the pups, I could have stayed there all day being chewed on :rofl:

post-44980-0-70230100-1341929007_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-41858700-1341929035_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-21633800-1341929056_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-56545600-1341929076_thumb.jpg

She's definitely a character! Only 10 more sleeps and she'll be chewing on the rest of my shoes :rofl: Can't wait :D

Congrats! So exciting for you :D

Not long until I get my girl :D pups will be 8 weeks on the 21st so excited!!

We're picking up our pup on the 20th so we'll be going through the puppy phase together krystal&coco :thumbsup:

We can trade photos of destruction :laugh:

Not long too go now :crazy:

MADCAT - Dora is gorgeous! She looks so cuddly :thumbsup:

Hilton's - Hi and Congrats on your new pup :happydance: I have to admit I wasn't sure what a Lagotto looked like :o so looked them up and OMG they are gorgeous!!!! Please post pics when you can :love:

Thanks becks, glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks some things he suggests are a little extreme :thumbsup:

I got to visit Rogue's litter last week so here are some new pics of my little Rascal :laugh: It was so much fun playing with all the pups, I could have stayed there all day being chewed on :rofl:

post-44980-0-70230100-1341929007_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-41858700-1341929035_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-21633800-1341929056_thumb.jpg

post-44980-0-56545600-1341929076_thumb.jpg

She's definitely a character! Only 10 more sleeps and she'll be chewing on the rest of my shoes :rofl: Can't wait :D

I will post pics on here as soon as I receive some, I`m not sure when that will be at the moment because he is only 2 weeks old and I am on the Gold Coast and the breeder lives in Victoria....so am looking forward to seeing some pics myself.

:happydance2: Ok, so I may be a bit premature, but I just had to share, I've just spoken to a breeder who has a female for sale & she's my dream puppy, the breeder has said that I can have her, but I've been told that before & for one reason or another the puppy has gone to someone else....anyway I am soooo excited, keep your :crossfingers: fingers crossed for me.

:happydance2: Ok, so I may be a bit premature, but I just had to share, I've just spoken to a breeder who has a female for sale & she's my dream puppy, the breeder has said that I can have her, but I've been told that before & for one reason or another the puppy has gone to someone else....anyway I am soooo excited, keep your :crossfingers: fingers crossed for me.

How exciting! A frenchie? Photos a must!! :D

Not long too go now :crazy:

:whee: 8 more sleeps for me :driving:

Rearranged the pen set up for the third time tonight! Hubby is seriously questioning my sanity :crazy:

keep your :crossfingers: fingers crossed for me.

Good Luck dekadent, hope it works out for you :cheer:

:whee: 8 more sleeps for me :driving:

Rearranged the pen set up for the third time tonight! Hubby is seriously questioning my sanity :crazy:

:thumbsup: 8 days, wow, you must be soooo excited now! :cheer:

hehe, don't worry, I'll probably be questioning my own sanity when I set up the pen next week....only another 5 weeks for me! :dancingelephant:

dekadent, on 13 July 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hope it turns out for you! :crossfingers: