Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Oh you're so lucky @krystal&coco! :thumbsup: Lunch won't come soon enough...

I visited my puppies today, they are 5 weeks old. I love the three girls, and I have a favourite out of them, but aren't game to get too hopeful, in case the breeder picks her :) I'll be happy to have any of the girls though....three weeks to go and it seems soooooo far away *sigh* my patience is running out lol!

Guest donatella

Has anyone here ever gone through the process of getting a show pup?

I am contemplating it next year but not sure of the steps I need to take. The one breeder I REALLY REALLY want doesn't place into show homes as she keeps show prospects for herself to show.

I guess I need to find a breeder and go from there right?

Krystal&coco you've got a right little farm at your place these days :laugh: veeeeeeeeery cute!!

I just spoke with Mary at Noonbarra today. Two weeks until we get our red/tan girl. Slowest month ever!!!

How exciting! I know what you mean about slow months....Does anyone know if it in normal to keep rearranging the bedding in one's puppy pen lol?

I am contemplating it next year but not sure of the steps I need to take. The one breeder I REALLY REALLY want doesn't place into show homes as she keeps show prospects for herself to show.

Krystal&coco you've got a right little farm at your place these days :laugh: veeeeeeeeery cute!!

I know :rofl: OH has said no more!!

The reason for my new girl is I want to start showing! Just as a hobby and something different. I started my search in January for a breed and breeders. I went to a few shows in different places and people on DOL were really helpful too. When I moved to Mackay I went to a show up here and a met a lady who shows and breeds Standards so she helped me out in getting a pup.

So you could go to some shows and meet some Pom people. Your in Brisbane and the Ekka is coming up so you could look at what day they are on as I assume there would be plenty there being a Royal Show. Or maybe the lady who only keeps show prospects for herself could recommend or point you in the direction of some breeders who would help you out?

Guest donatella

The reason for my new girl is I want to start showing! Just as a hobby and something different. I started my search in January for a breed and breeders. I went to a few shows in different places and people on DOL were really helpful too. When I moved to Mackay I went to a show up here and a met a lady who shows and breeds Standards so she helped me out in getting a pup.

So you could go to some shows and meet some Pom people. Your in Brisbane and the Ekka is coming up so you could look at what day they are on as I assume there would be plenty there being a Royal Show. Or maybe the lady who only keeps show prospects for herself could recommend or point you in the direction of some breeders who would help you out?

Yep I just want to do it as a hobby too, I think it would be fun albeit I have heard the show scene is not for the faint hearted. The breeder I've been speaking too (who wins a billion shows) has received death threats and all sorts through the show world :eek: Serious business!! I'm not a wallflower though so i'm sure I can handle it. I just really need to know how much time goes into it I guess as I work pretty much full time although am about to cut my hours back to 4 days a week :thumbsup:

Good pointer re the ekka, might try get there, i think its next week or the week after.

:eek:

Yep I just want to do it as a hobby too, I think it would be fun albeit I have heard the show scene is not for the faint hearted. The breeder I've been speaking too (who wins a billion shows) has received death threats and all sorts through the show world :eek: Serious business!! I'm not a wallflower though so i'm sure I can handle it. I just really need to know how much time goes into it I guess as I work pretty much full time although am about to cut my hours back to 4 days a week :thumbsup:

Good pointer re the ekka, might try get there, i think its next week or the week after.

:eek: I have heard some crazy stories too but not death threats! My OH doesn't understand why I want to do it with all the craziness that goes with it :o

I'm not sure about prep for a pom but I assume it would be wash, blow dry and brush and being only tiny it shouldn't take too long. Because your in Bris you would have plenty of shows to pick and choose to enter around work.

I had a look at the Ekka schedule and Poms are on Monday 13th.

Guest donatella

Thanks Pockets, I'm just thankful they are pocket sized with all that grooming :laugh: I think my best bet is to start out with the breeders here in Brisbane who show their Poms (and do really really well) as i'd have a mentor on hand. No puppies available until January 2013 so will just have to sit on my hands until then :D

I'm going to the ekka on thursday the 9th it's the Airedale show :-) give me an idea for our club show .. I'm not showing rogue at the ekka but his breeder is showing her boy ..

I can't wait to see the behind the scenes and the ring :-)

Thanks Pockets, I'm just thankful they are pocket sized with all that grooming :laugh: I think my best bet is to start out with the breeders here in Brisbane who show their Poms (and do really really well) as i'd have a mentor on hand. No puppies available until January 2013 so will just have to sit on my hands until then :D

Having a mentor on hand is great I'm very lucky to have found someone to help me :)