Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Guest _MADCAT_

I can't believe how time flies!!!

This is Dora the day we got her at 8 weeks old

img6618l.jpg

And Dora now, at 3 months old and growing like a weed!!!

img7239i.jpg

img7183h.jpg

Hi everyone :-)

I'm not sure if it's too early to be posting here but my breeder's confirmed that her bitch is with pups and will be due in about 4 weeks! I can't wait for my new addition, a Dogue de Bordeaux bossy boots :-) I hope time flies because this waiting is going to kill me!

Hi everyone :-)

I'm not sure if it's too early to be posting here but my breeder's confirmed that her bitch is with pups and will be due in about 4 weeks! I can't wait for my new addition, a Dogue de Bordeaux bossy boots :-) I hope time flies because this waiting is going to kill me!

Definitely not to early -- I entered this thread before the breeders bitch had even come into season! (back in January some time)

Waiting is hard, but it will be very worth it once you have your pup!

By the way, pics are a must once the pups are born and you get the first ones ;)

She's very good! Such a darling, has been raised so well and is just the best little pup. I have called her Rilla.

One of my daughters is called Rilla. Her real name is actually Johanna, but when she was born the others couldn't say it and called her Gorilla (and sometime Goanna). Gorilla got shortened to Rilla for nicety's sake and now we use it all the time.

We are picking up our BC girl Saturday week, so excited getting everything ready. Need to sort a puppy preschool enrollment and the insurance next.

Oh, lucky you! have with with her, they are the best! Photos as soon as you get them please!! :D

She's very good! Such a darling, has been raised so well and is just the best little pup. I have called her Rilla.

One of my daughters is called Rilla. Her real name is actually Johanna, but when she was born the others couldn't say it and called her Gorilla (and sometime Goanna). Gorilla got shortened to Rilla for nicety's sake and now we use it all the time.

:laugh: That's such a funny story. I got Rilla's name from the book Rilla of Ingleside, which is part of the Anne of Green Gables set...her name in the book is short for Marilla. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rilla, im trying not to have a favourite yet as i have second pick of the three, im lucky that they all have the most beautiful personalities so whichever one i end up with i will be smitten.

How is your litte border pup going, we need more photos!

Hi Everyone,

We put down our deposit for our cuddly golden boy with a breeder last weekend. And now I have the painful wait of 4 weeks till he finally gets home.

I have grown up with dogs and always wanted one of my own. Now after almost 10 years of wanting one, my wish is about to come true :thumbsup: . So very very excited

This is a pic of my little boy at 5 weeks old.

PS: Quick question:I did my research in terms of going to a registered breeder who was listed on Dogzonline. We went to see the pups and saw the num and dad too. They had amazing temparaments and looked loved and cared for. And the pup comes with papers, microchipped, vaccinated and listed on VCA register. But he will be listed on an unlimited register. I havent heard of this before. Is this a cause for concern?

Hi Everyone,

We put down our deposit for our cuddly golden boy with a breeder last weekend. And now I have the painful wait of 4 weeks till he finally gets home.

I have grown up with dogs and always wanted one of my own. Now after almost 10 years of wanting one, my wish is about to come true :thumbsup: . So very very excited

PS: Quick question:I did my research in terms of going to a registered breeder who was listed on Dogzonline. We went to see the pups and saw the num and dad too. They had amazing temparaments and looked loved and cared for. And the pup comes with papers, microchipped, vaccinated and listed on VCA register. But he will be listed on an unlimited register. I havent heard of this before. Is this a cause for concern?

Do you mean limited?

This is normal :) There is no such thing as an unlimited register, just Limited and Main.

Do you mean limited?

This is normal :) There is no such thing as an unlimited register, just Limited and Main.

and Limited Register just means that your puppy isn't registered to be shown or bred from. Congratulations on the new member of your family! I'm waiting to hear whether there might be a puppy in a litter I'm interested in- they're not even born yet!

Thanks minimax and CleoJ

I did speak to the breeder and turns out the puppy will be registered on the mains register. So feeling much better now :) . Cant really wait and its just one week down and three more to go.

CleoJ, its quite exciting even contemplating new addition to the family :thumbsup: . Hope you find one with your chosen breeder very soon

• 2 weeks later...

This may be way to early to post in here but I'm already excited!

I've been accepted by an Australian Shepherd breeder! happydance2.gif

But... The dogs aren't even mated yet!! Still a few weeks to go.

Ive been researching and looking into getting one for 3 years, so about 5 months until I can bring the little pup home is really soon for me!

Breeder has asked for my preferences and I'm hoping for a little Blue merle boy. But as both parents are red factored there is a chance for reds to pop up as well, and I would be quite happy to have a red merle too.

I couldn't choose between tail or a bob, as I like both!

I know I'm getting way too excited about this way too early!

Hi Everyone,

dont worry, it means "a limit register" not unlimited.

way back when there was two kinds of puppy sold. Pet, ie all you got was a hand written or typed copy of the puppies parents, grandparents, and great grandparents.

Then there Main Registered, the form of Registration for that puppy with its registered name and breeding from the what was then in NSW the RNSWKC now Dogs NSW or whatevr relevant state. without which the dog could not be shown or bred from if you wanted to be able to register the puppies for show and breeding.

now days the registering bodies make breeders register every puppy but those sold as pets get an official orange coloured form in the same set out as the offical BLUE one they must have if they are to be shown or bred from.

is that any clearer? I hope so

:confused:

Edited by asal