Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Flynn is doing great Jules.

He slept through until 5.30 again this morning, and even then he only woke up because the cat wanted breakfast and woke us both up :laugh: We are working on sit and shake which he has pretty much mastered.

Toilet training is a work in progress though when he has had an accident in the house it is generally because I haven't seen him wake up and didn't get to him in time. He seems to open his eyes and instantly wee :laugh:

I am so happy with him. He is such a little love bug and he is quickly learning what he can and can't chew on and is a very quick learner. I forgot the joy of owning a Belgian,he is so eager to please and he is just a delight.

How is Miah going? And how are all of our other puppies going? Who is next to bring their baby home?

Sorry for the delay but here are the promised photos!

post-40626-0-98861100-1361066952_thumb.jpg

post-40626-0-82498800-1361066961_thumb.jpg

Awww He's beautiful !

Sounds like most of us are doing very well with our puppies so far :)

Miah is going really well, full of life and cheekiness lol We have had her for just over a week now can you believe :)

Yes I am extremely proud of her and am very happy with how she is growing. she is so high energy but she is exactly what I wanted in a dog. I am hoping to do Conformation Shows for starters and then obedience and agility plus anything else that I can find to train in :) so I think I may be having high expectations about what we are going to do but I will be working with her for a long time to come :)

Now I have finally gotten my kitten from Russia and also, unexpectedly, a foster failure puppy. So things are pretty crazy around here at the moment :laugh:

563232_10200243198336697_1152362618_n.jpg

This little guy has evolved from a placid cuddlebum to a full-on crazy puppy. If I hadn't seen his littermates I would really have thought he was an oversized JRT!

602118_10200243198536702_865233919_n.jpg

& my little w61 33 girl :heart:

Edited by minyvlz

Gorgeous Minyviz! Is your kitten a Scottish Fold? Even though that sounds a little strange coming from Russia :-).

How is everyone's puppies going?

I am still waiting for Flynn to turn into the crazy puppy I know is coming. I haven't even heard him bark yet. He is so responsive, just the smallest ahh ahh from me and he stops what ever he is doing and comes and sits at my feet. His only thing is he is a crazy chewer! If he didnt have lots of chewy things I think my house would be trashed.

Jules are you doing puppy school with Miah?

Jules: Thank you! Miah is just gorgeous as well :love: Yeah she is quite okay, I think the worst months are from 4 or 5 months onwards.. that's the kitty terror period :laugh:

sujo: Yes she is! Why is it strange for a SF to be from Russia? There are hardly any in Scotland :laugh:

Also, perhaps you struck puppy lottery with Flynn (who is just beautiful btw)!

Minivyz I have no illusions about having the perfect puppy! I have had enough to know that after a couple of weeks they settle in and the true devil puppy emerges ????.

I love Scottish Folds! Perhaps I used the wrong word when I said strange. It's really cool actually, a Scottish Fold from Russia traveling all the way to Australia! Did she travel ok? And what is her personality like?

I have to admit I thought that with my first puppy and he never did become a devil - much to my disappointment. He just seemed like an old dog, just laying there and being so calm. I thought he was broken. Probably was :rofl:

Haha, no wonder! I'm not in Australia but in Europe ;) She's very timid compared to my other girl Mikan, who's more curious and bold. This little one (Yuza) is still scared of everything and did not handle the stress of traveling as well as Mikan did. Glad she's settled in now, and will probably be naughtier as she grows older. She's older than the puppy (Diamond) but seems more baby-ish! Baby cats and dogs are so different :laugh:

Hi everyone this is my first post and I'm so excited to be joining you all. We are picking our puppy up in just over 5 weeks :). She is a Hungarian Vizsla and we're calling her Indie. I'll post pics as soon as I have any.

Excitement!!!

Welcome, Vizsla13! :welcome:

Hi everyone :) we are expecting our puppy in three weeks time - a lovely little Dalmation girl we have named Nellie. I am so excited and can't wait to have a dog back in our family again! Looking forward to seeing all the puppy pics on this thread over the next little while. :thumbsup:

Hmmm.... I suppose I should join this thread soon :D

I am caught between major puppy excitement and not wanting to say too much because the pup doesn't exist yet. So for now I will say I am expecting a puppy this year and I'm very excited! (And a bit scared)

I was in the same boat last year as you Lollypop ! And then on top of all that waiting, once the puppies were born we had to still wait for another 4 weeks to even know if we were getting one. The waiting was unbearable and I couldn't say too much to anyone ! biggrin.gif

Its very exciting, enjoy the journey and its natural to be a bit nervous too!

What breed of dog are you on the waiting list for ?

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs