Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I'm really thrilled, been on my wishlist for years and years since I met one down the park and it just about killed me with love.

I have to say, our place is filled with cleanrun boxes at the moment. I've got pretty carried away.

Hi everyone, I've been unwell for a while and just now starting to catch up. I was a week (and a bit) late to see Louis, so it was extra special. He's bigger and fluffier, quiet and passive compared to his bigger, bossier sister - but I'm sure he'll come into his own when he's out from under her paw ---literally! (The last picture shows a typical pose for them: Louis curled up, and his sister sitting next to him with a paw on him).

Monday was my birthday but nobody remembered (but for 4 people) because Facebook didn't announce it, and it seems Facebook is the only thing that matters these days. As you can imagine, I was upset, so my (wonderful, sweet, perfect) partner arranged a visit to see my baby again last night. You can tell by the picture that I'm not as cheerful, but Louis really did make everything better. We've agreed on a pickup date (the 17th!) provided everything goes to plan with his shots. I really can't wait to have him with me!!

So here we are on Saturday

post-49145-0-00615700-1368007244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Melina Bea

Hi Melina,

What a wee, little thing he is! How do you resist the temptation of slipping him in a pocket?

Happy Belated Birthday to you. I know what it feels like to be forgotten. I share a birthday with my Dad, and one year everyone said happy birthday to him, but I was completely forgotten. It was really disheartening. Even worse when some of them said, "Really? It's your birthday too? Oh, happy birthday." (said with no real feeling, and considering it has been my birthday on the same day as Dad's every year of my life how the hell do they forget? or not know!)

We have the same wait. I see lots of black and tan pictures in the near future. :D

Hi Melina,

What a wee, little thing he is! How do you resist the temptation of slipping him in a pocket?

Happy Belated Birthday to you. I know what it feels like to be forgotten. I share a birthday with my Dad, and one year everyone said happy birthday to him, but I was completely forgotten. It was really disheartening. Even worse when some of them said, "Really? It's your birthday too? Oh, happy birthday." (said with no real feeling, and considering it has been my birthday on the same day as Dad's every year of my life how the hell do they forget? or not know!)

We have the same wait. I see lots of black and tan pictures in the near future. :D

It was very hard to leave him, but I was soooo good! So sad to hear your anecdote, but you do understand then! Is your pup Black and Tan too? Louis' sire has a steel coat so I'm really hoping he inherits that!

Oh Melina! Happy birthday!

I am sure he will be the best birthday present ever, albeit belated!

Indeed! I said to the breeder, Louis will never forget my birthday because to him, EVERY day is my birthday! Another special present was reconnecting with my best friend from high school. She had been looking for me but didn't know my married name.

Thank you both for the birthday wishes - they're extra appreciated!

I'm getting a Rottweiler. :D The wait is getting really hard the closer we get. There were moments when I thought it was all a dream and I got on with my day to day stuff. But after chatting with her Breeder during the week, I started getting excited and nervous all over again. :laugh:

It's been a long time since I've had a puppy.

A little black male, 4 weeks to go on Saturday til he's old enough to pack his little puppy bags.

He's in another state so no visits for me though!

I just think we've made the perfect choice. I'm really pleased. Lots of puppy proofing to do yet though.