Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hey Steph. Wow he is a looker. I found Willow was the perfect pup that first day and half, then the devil came out. :laugh:

I've met a few Flatties over the years, I've admired all of them. Generally very sensible dogs. :thumbsup:

Enjoy that intoxicating effect of puppy eyes and puppy breath. I'm still basking in it here.

He's already quite enamored with my slippers and everything he can get his little gob on, but if we can keep up such consistent wins with the wees that's a good start.

I feel like I might be interrupting his wee with the 'do your wee' command. Should I be asking that after? Everything I've read says as the behaviour you want is happening you give the command, and then treat after. He tends to stop when I ask for the wee to occur. But I guess it makes sure he needs to go an hour later when I take him out again....IDK.

He's already quite enamored with my slippers and everything he can get his little gob on, but if we can keep up such consistent wins with the wees that's a good start.

I feel like I might be interrupting his wee with the 'do your wee' command. Should I be asking that after? Everything I've read says as the behaviour you want is happening you give the command, and then treat after. He tends to stop when I ask for the wee to occur. But I guess it makes sure he needs to go an hour later when I take him out again....IDK.

try not to say anything when they are doing their "business" but praise the heck out of him when he finishes :D

just like humans its hard to "go" when someone is talking to you :laugh:

I love borders too! When they both misbehave we can do a swap!

Very good night last night. Bit silly before bed and a long time to settle down. Lots of harrassment of my feet and jeans and an attempt to climb ON the coffee table for a leftover liver treat.

Bit of work on clicker conditioning and a game of tug with a ribbon and he crashed.

Put him to bed at 9. Up for a wee at 1, He woke up and said enough is enough at 4:30. Other than that not a peep. Haven't missed a wee yet either. I am on a roll!

Gus is gorgeous Steph! It must be great to finally have your pup.

As for me my wait is getting a little less. A breeder that I have approached has just had puppies. They will probably be black and tan in colour and also chocolate. I thought a black and tan puppy would be lovely but then who knows if I like a chocolate puppy in personality then that'll the be one I choose. It really will just depend on who has the personality I'm looking for.

I've started planning my loungeroom and will be getting a crate for the pup and I will be making an area for the pup to spend the first few days in so she isn't too overwhelmed. I'm a little undecided as to whether I might move her/him into my bedroom at night for the first couple of nights. What did every one else do? The other alternative would be for me to sleep in the loungeroom for a couple of nights until puppy feels comfortable.

I am off to Pet Barn today to do some puppy shopping.... very exciting but I find myself so undecided about some many things, like the type of bed etc etc. But I'm definitely getting a crate so that's one less thing.

How was your shopping Lee-Ann?

I havent bought alot, a crate for inside and ordered my show trolley.

We have alot of carpet and only lino in the kitchen so we are looking at replacing the carpet in some of the house as our house was a rental before we bought and the carpet is wool but isnt in great condition. I also have my sewing area that I need to be mindful of.

Sorry to butt in - Gus is gorgeous by the way - i always take my puppies out and say 'do wees' before they are doing anything, then once they start i am quiet and when they are finished i say 'yay good wees'

it works for me and mine, and all mine will go to the loo on command, i say 'do wees' and they go and do a wee

Sorry to butt in - Gus is gorgeous by the way - i always take my puppies out and say 'do wees' before they are doing anything, then once they start i am quiet and when they are finished i say 'yay good wees'

it works for me and mine, and all mine will go to the loo on command, i say 'do wees' and they go and do a wee

That's been working so far, he's a gem. Will already squeeze out a drop on command if I ask and he's just gone ten mins ago. Will do anything for a bit of liver treat, so it seems!

Today we've had the door open for the cats and he's taken himself out twice and done a wee on the decking. Totally awesome. I won't complain if I have to hose it off, once he's a bit bigger and sure footed the steps will be easier to navigate.

He's mastered sitting and we're working on stay and come next. Leave it is getting a working on too. Puppy school starts on the 17th, we'll show 'em ;)

It's like he's been sent as a breed ambassador, some higher puppy being was like 'right, these are first timers. Your job is to win them over. Go forth and woo those suckers!'

We also solved the waking up at 4:30-5am thing, he has dinner at 10 and today we got up at 7 and I can not express my joy at a sleep in. Haha.

He met his 'grandma' (my mum) the other day and she adored him and put her hand up for babysitting duties, my best friend is 'popping by' for a cup of tea later too, she's called shotgun on Aunty position. Very funny. He's the communal puppy, and does he love it!

We went for a walk around the gardens in the city yesterday, I carried him (good heavens did my arms ache!) and everyone wanted a pat so by the end he was just leaning his head backward into groups of people walking by expecting his pats. Shameless!

That's my update!

shes beautiful Jess! :)

She really is, by the way! They both are!

Aside from some sprinkling of doing some "Stand" practice and house training, I'm so slack in the training department. :o

We have done quite a bit of social outings though...lots of kids and people. It's amazing how many people and kids flock to a puppy, Dory has been loving it too! :laugh: Dory has never been so social or relaxed about being social as she has been since Willow has come along to steal it away from her.

We did beach today, we carried her down to the foreshore and picked a time when there were no other dogs. And she had an absolute blast! Again loads of kids and people. Lots of sand, lots of digging, lots of stinky seaweed, lots of moving water, but no wet feet. :laugh: Then back home to play with next doors dog and mug him with Dory.

Willow has been brilliant on the lead since day dot. She's a go forth and explore kinda girl.

Everyday she just awes me with how solid her temperament and nerves appear to be.